Jungle Spice #6 Community IBL Project

True, Ive noticed that. Trying to take pics under lights can make them different color shades. Ive taken pics of the same plant only to have different plant colors show. Its prolly the lighting and/or the camera functions making them look pale.

2 Likes

:joy: yeah, the weird thing is the balls were already forming before I ever started flowering on like 5 out of 6 males. So Iā€™m pretty sure that they were already going to drop pollen under veg lighting.

Seems like some kind of male-only autoflower gene or somethingā€¦ Iā€™m not sure. Never seen or heard of anything like this. Other males of different strains are acting normal. Other JS females are also flowering normally. :thinking:

That pic is just the males I have going ā€“ no fems. Females are in a separate tent, so no open pollination. Iā€™m just doing male selection, collecting pollen and then pollinating several JS6 females with it and then female selection at the end.

7 Likes

ah, ok. gotcha.
Im in the same postition with the Mothers Milk F2ā€™s. The males have already shown sex and are gonna be dropping pollen in a week or so. The females are still in preflower still, so its gonna be a few weeks at least after I collect the pollen before Ill be able to apply it.
Practically everything I have is still in preflower, so Im praying for a good autumn season this year.

5 Likes

I have a desiccation box. Itā€™s pretty simple, just one of those mini dehumidifiers and a box that has a seal. When I collect pollen, I put it in the box and cover it. Then only break the seal when Iā€™m ready to use it. Itā€™s good for at least a month this way, possibly several months!

Now I only have to put pollen in the freezer for long term storage.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my #6 in bud outside

I named her Britneyā€¦ Britney Spears

11 Likes

Right on. Looks to be 5-6 foot tall? looks compact.
Did she finish properly for ya? When did ya harvest?
My Deep Chunk X Jungle Spice #6 clones are growing effortlessly. They are the largest plants out of a 20 some odd cutting run I made in July.
Very vigorous, I assume coming from the JS side.
Even one plant that the bugs practically just destroyed, bounced back and looks good now.

2 Likes

Nah, sheā€™s only like 4 feet. Still budding. Sheā€™s short and fat. Smallest one of all my outside plants

3 Likes

Flowering already? nice. Are you in the States or Canada? orā€¦?
Almost everything I have is still in pre-flower stage, where they are spitting out pairs of pistils, but they havent topped, or buttoned yet. Im in Ontario, N of Toronto. I should be in flower now for anything over 60 days. Gonna be a late year.
Dont need to know yer city or anything, just where abouts you are.Im just surprised its in flower already. Thats good for you.
Thx.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in Southern California, I think our longest day is like 14 1/2 hours, so most have started about 3 weeks ago. I still have 2 strawberry diesels and a dragonā€™s blood hashplant that havenā€™t started yet. So 8 out of 11 plants are budding. We are down to about 13 hours 20 mins of sun now approx.

4 Likes

ah yea ok, I get it.
We are losing daylight quickly. I run out 7 plants I am force-flowering indoors at night. Daylight now at 7 a.m., dark by 8:30pm ish. SO Im gettn close to 12/12. We were daylight at 10 pm a month ago here, I think thats the diff between us.
Only Bubbas Gift and Shishkaberry have started to flower for me so far.

4 Likes

Me and @8k_feet killing it on NBA JAM

11 Likes

Oh ya!! One of my favorite games!!! Ja ja ja jammmmmm!!!

6 Likes

Absolutely beautiful @Meesh ! She looks happy! Healthy! And loving it! Your love for your plants show right through ! Beautiful !

3 Likes

Hereā€™s another Jungle Spice#6 X Deep Chunk picture taken a few days later to above.
Dunno what it is but i can pick this genotype no problemā€¦

out in a 100 plant line up

10 Likes

My buddy says he has a couple of 10 footers of the Jungle Spice X Deep Chunk strainā€¦
Ill take pics today and drop em in here.

7 Likes

Male Notes (6 in the running)

So thereā€™s some crazy shit going on that I had to document. Plants are still pretty early, but Iā€™ve noticed some cool stuff. Nothing decisive yet, this is really just documentation.

That one is JS#2.

That one is JS#12ā€¦ what the tops look like right now. You can see the stagger in the top of the branch. Iā€™ll show larger branch offsets than this.

Here we can see some interesting node staggering. Itā€™s pronounced on this one. Node angles arenā€™t quite 90 degrees either. Often observing nodes with about ~60 degrees between them. Some have large asymmetry in where the node meets on the branch, like this one.

Less common, like this one, the branches are much closer together.

Most common at this stage is 5/7 finger leaves. This is a more normal looking one.

The undisputed champion of the freaks is JS#13! Hereā€™s one oddity, apparently a recessive trait. We can see tri-nodes lower on the plant. Up the plant, changes to staggered branches with pairs at 180 degrees and closer to 60 degrees between pairs.

More freakiness from JS#13. Leaves are predominantly 3/5 fingers. Unusual lack of the small back lobes on the leaves.

Thereā€™s some stats. #13 is a freak in a lot of ways. It smells the strongest, is producing the most early pollen and has the most pollen sac production so far. I think that will change over time, because itā€™s likely just an early finisher. It also has a great potent smell to it. This one is bizarre, but productive and smells great.

Not super concerned about the height stats yet. They havenā€™t all gotten equal treatment and light positioning. I think #7 might turn out to be a good contender later in the game. It has a pretty good stem rub, hasnā€™t released early pollen and branches arenā€™t very staggered. If it starts ramping up the pollen sacs, itā€™ll likely be a really good one. Very thick hollow stem as well. #2 seems like it has good potential.

Weā€™ll keep an eye on things for a bit and see how they progress!

14 Likes

Very cool man. Itā€™s nice to see your process and progress. Sounds like you found the best of the bunch. best vibes!

3 Likes

Thanks man! Iā€™ll post some female pics in a minute. Iā€™m culling 1 more JS female today (down to 7), and slimming down my tent. Way too many packed in there. Iā€™ll post some pics of them in a bit.

These interesting and bizarre branching characteristics are all Y-chromosome linked. As I looked through the females, theyā€™re all a lot more consistent so far. Staggering starts at maturity. No tri-branching either.

One thing Iā€™ve noted is that all of the JS females are more 7-finger fan leaf oriented. Less variations in the leaf margins. One of the plants Iā€™m going to keep actually has 9-finger fans. Keeping it going because itā€™s one of the few major differences I can observe.

The rest of the female culling is for reasons like odd leaf coloring or nutrient/feeding sensitivity.

7 Likes

13!!!

:ballot_box_with_check:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

:joy: I know, itā€™s so interesting, I think Iā€™m going to use it. Iā€™ll probably try doing a dual pollination. One with the freakiest and another with one of the others.

Donā€™t want to be too indecisive, but itā€™s too interesting to pass up.

3 Likes