Jungle Spice Dating Game

There are also two pregnant girls, the JS star (the Blue in the big black planter) and two bushy cutting factories.

3 Likes

Is this the first one you’ve chopped so far?

1 Like

These are the first. I chopped all the ones in the second picture of the “Making Room” post.

Photographed individually above.

I’m really liking the look of the G2a. Would you say the reds are any more or less resinous?

As for stickyness “feel”, probably ones with longer glands have more of the hashy feel a-la 88g13. The red looks like it has a lot of trichomes, but perhaps they have the hashplant style trichs.

1 Like

Reds are the least resinous but may have the densist nugs.

G2a definitely has a substantial weight. Could be an ounce dry. None of the others harvested are close. The unharvested Blue may approach 2oz.

3 Likes

Jungle Spice
This is the last of the indoor JS (Blue) for this season.

Apical bud:

If I love the smoke I will incorporate it into my outdoor spring/summer grow.

There are seeds aplenty for sharing and trading - codename #JS4U. I look forward to exploring the Official F4 when it comes. Expect those seeds will have happier childhoods with proper heat and nutrition.

Smoke reports still to come.

In any event, thank you @Lefthandseeds for the trust and the opportunity to tune my indoor grow with exceptional genetics and sound advice. Thank you @almostdone for the tools and inspiration to make it more than a hack. Thank you to everyone here who helped, teased, advised and encouraged.

Keep your eye on my other threads, in particular my Garage, for further developments. I will start a “second summer” thread in a week or two.

Wish I could share this with you!

16 Likes

Wow that blue really looks great. Nice yield, nice big calyxes and resin. Looking forward to the smoke reports.

2 Likes

Jungle Spice
Thank you lefty! Couple outdoor shots.

Same bud:

Bones:

13 Likes

Looks fantastic my brother! How long did the JS take to finish? I hope mine look like yours!
RESPECT…

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

The Blue is at 73 days flower. Haven’t taken her down yet. Not much color in the tricomes. Tomorrow I think.

Yours will be magnificent!

3 Likes

Damn Sam! 72 days?! My limit is 9 weeks. It will be a test of my chronic premature chopulation! I’ll try my best…

5 Likes

72 wasn’t necessary. Ms Blue hasn’t visibly changed in almost a month.
I did a spinosad spray two weeks ago and wanted to give time for it to dissipate.

3 Likes

I love Sativas but after a few weeks I start feeling like they might out live me!

4 Likes

Lol! Got a 20 week Thai cross cooking up now.
Thus far I have not paid attention to days in flower except to support the JS male test. I am learning to listen to them and I don’t think they play by numbers.

4 Likes

Last and greatest:

Top, the Blue, trimmed. Bottom, seed harvest, Blue and Green (there’s a red Dad in a third of those seeds)

8 Likes

A transition now to the yard:

I anticipate she will reveg nicely.

10 Likes

Coming along nicely Allora!:).

It was already in you…I just helped with a couple pieces. You got this.

Speaking of pieces…have some bigger lighting for you when the urge to expand sets in:) You know you want it! Looks like you’re getting it with the t5…just imagine what you could do with a 600 hps for bloom:).

Hoping things get better soon so I can come try some. Looks great!

Saw on one of your threads that you’re starting up your yard. Helped some friends do their first grow and first outdoor a while back…happy to assist if you need anything.

Hope you’re good brother Allora. Much love:)

11 Likes

Hey my brother!
I need to do the math. For which I lack confidence. Fine arts degree’s can do that. I heard you rattle off some calculations but they made a whooshing sound as they flew by.

I have been heating (in the veg room but it significantly lifts the tent as well) 24/7 with a space heater. If heat from a light was sufficient I might be able to retire the heater. Want it or not, there is 0 chance I will raise my electricity bill further without a boost in income. Which doesn’t look like it’s going to come from the weed, although some of the skills might be of value.

The plants in veg under my 175 watt LED 7x splitters are doing beautifully. None of the new kids (post JS) has seen the 4’ T5 yet but the babies like it under the 2’. Still, If I put hot light in the tent I would not be able to get by exhausting with a naked computer fan. Was 84 in there today.

I did pick up some red spectrum fluorescents. They didn’t seem to make much difference on the JS. The girls kept budding but they didn’t get bigger or frostier after the swap. Never even raised my lights. May have crippled the JS with cold and malnutrition in childhood. Or it may have been a ventilation issue.

Gonna prep some plants into bud before beginning light dep outside. Thinking of pulling tarp off every day at 9am. On again after dark. Should get me to first harvest I think.

Also gonna run inside through summer. Hopefully without supplemental heat.

Could use your knowledge re the math and light dep. Once they get above 4ft I will have to rethink the tunnels.

Do you know what the heater pulling?

Have always tried to not use heaters when it’s an option. Sometimes it’s not an option. Me being me…always just wanted to add more light. More light, added heat, mo betta:)

Given your scenario I would try to eliminate the heater and add more light If possible.

Maybe take whatever the heater is consuming and add that approx wattage to your lighting? Killawatt meter would be helpful if you have one.

Would probably figure out how many btus the lighting and heater are producing and go from there.

Not sure if there is a science to it but that sounds good…yeah?

1 Like

Yes, Will plug it in today. Get some numbers by noon.
Looks like 800w.