Jungle Spice Dating Game

I will look back tomorrow.

3 Likes

I had a really bizarre instance on my DBHP last year… female though. She threw pistils, then they receded and then came back 3 or 4 weeks later and finally budded. I’ve never seen anything like that before.

5 Likes

Flower Time:

Clones of the girls in flower:

Ladies in waiting:

The boy box.

11 Likes

I hate being out of likes!

5 Likes

When they show sex they will be sorted: tent, box, buddies house.

11 Likes

Cull, Rescue, or Winter Sports

6 Likes

Well I have a tendency to not give up on them unless I’m cramped for space but that’s just me.

5 Likes

Always love seeing that positive tropism going on. Looking happier!

4 Likes

They’re pretty much all doing that after a couple days of heavy nitrogen and 10° heat boost.
The girls in the flower tent :pray: are very happy. Just lollypopped Korin Spawn. Took six small clones. The bushy JS could probably use a thinning.

4 Likes

Suspect there may be better light lowering tech out there but this is a start.

6 Likes

Papa’s asking for a broken neck. Any suggestions for how and where. At his current rate he’ll hit the top of the box by Wednesday.

7 Likes

If it’s a male, I abuse mine with little regard for their health. Just gotta keep them going long enough to drop pollen and reasonably compare them to other males. Other than that, you can take a hedge trimmer to the top and still get what you need.

Edit: that said, stretch is often an important factor to look out for. If you want shorter plants, then you still want to be able to compare it to the others. Hitting the top doesn’t really hurt anything, so I usually just let them go until it become inconvenient.

5 Likes

You dont have any “keeper males” you save for future use? What if that pollen makes fire crosses?

3 Likes

I am holding some clones of the mothers. Two of the Dads are big outliers: A bushy pheno and another with a more pronounced apical dominance. Suppose I could clone them but aside from size and health I don’t know what to look for. Doing stem rubs but I don’t have points of reference. Won’t have a sense of what the dads bring.

Gonna gather pollen from the bottom of the box. A mix of all these dads (seven at last count.) Keep that clean, dry and frozen.
Also gonna make a mess of seeds for gifts and a batch for Sebring.
I don’t know the JS, how it will flower or smoke.

3 Likes

No, not usually. I do have one Durban kept right now, but I’m not sure I’ll keep it. Especially for this project, I want to keep inbreeding, so that requires new males each generation… Unless I feel like something I wanted was missed from the previous generation and I need to work backwards a generation.

I usually only pollen chuck up front and then try to go back and inbreed what I like.

7 Likes

These boys are on leave from the boy box. They get to hang with the Spanish girls, Flirty Laura and Korin Spawn Too.

5 Likes

Boys came out for floor tapping.

Shooting blanks, so far.

Although…

6 Likes

Counting flip from today (2/5). Most everyone is showing bud formation. Gonna have to get on the bloom nutes.

Two in the center are CGxPR (KST and big Laura Clone). Left and right are JS.

6 Likes

One of the boys is feeling some ambiguity. I haven’t heard much about female parts on a male. Doesn’t seem like it would present the same dangers.

6 Likes

Boys

Green

Red

Blue

9 Likes