Jungle Spice Dating Game

These are able to thrive in my garage with my neglect. They shall be rewarded.

10 Likes

LITFA! An acronym to live by!

5 Likes

LITFA and nitrogen, some Cal-Mag foliar, a roof, walls,… It’s the little things. Kelp.

9 Likes

Kelp! Kelp! Kelp! :mega:

6 Likes

Two blue males:

Gonna keep the one on the right. Pity, the one on the left is finally pulling into green after a long struggle.

Is there any reason to cull before the females flower or keep until then? I have only culled sick plants until now.

8 Likes

I suppose if you need some bud, flower them out. Well if you can separate them. I think you will like the high

2 Likes

I never cull until I have to. If it’s no harm to keep growing, I usually just let it go. You can understand more about the male the further you take it into flower. Things like smell of stem rubs, structure, size of the flowers, resin

But if it’s getting close to dropping pollen and you can’t keep it separated, you’re running some risk.

4 Likes

One showed what appeared to be an empty sack today. I can just move the boy box out of the room. Mama Laura isn’t nuts about box living anyway.

2 Likes

Back in their assigned places. RGB

Between the higher heat and the boosted nitrogen nutes everyone is greener. The big girl in particular.

First, non droopy picture. 2nd day of prayer.

7 Likes

Maybe a bit of epsome salt would be nice also.
Foliar or in the medium

3 Likes

Thank you @OleReynard! What do you see that suggests this amendment?

I gave Cal Mag last week. Doesn’t seem to have killed anything. Would another application serve the purpose you have in mind?

2 Likes

Still not as green as they should be.
If you don’t green them up you’ll be fighting it all the time.
Nitrogen was part of the problem, cal/mag- issue.
And put your finger in the medium is it warm or cold?

4 Likes

Certainly cooler than my body temp. Maybe a little cooler than ambiant (just did a foliar spray with room temp water/cal-mag.) Not much. My intuition says they are on the mend but I am not counting on intuition yet.

3 Likes

Now I have this.

5 Likes

Mr Red declared his gender with some vehemence over night. Boy oh Boy!
Seen here with Mr Green who was wishing it was otherwise but enjoying suddenly having a big bro.

6 confirmed males [edit: one hedged on the double check. We’ll see.] @lefthandseeds, do these boys look like their dads?

11 Likes

Thanks to @almostdone, babies have new house, light and shoes.

10 Likes

I’ll check back at my photo log when they’re a little further along. I’m not sure I could tell you just yet.

4 Likes

Happy to help. Looks like your jungle is about to get spicy!

4 Likes

I have six or seven males, a couple of which are far beyond preflower, despite my not yet having switched them to 12/12. I have been gradually shortening the days for them, so maybe they sense a trend.
Is there an auto-male phenomenon? Have heard hints in other threads but not about the JS.

4 Likes

Yes there is. It only seems to be present with the males… At least I haven’t seen it in females. Basically they’ll develop some early pollen sacs, and those will drop early, and then a second set really fills in when you flower them. It’s a very bizarre trait that I assume must come from the Congolese side.

Are you seeing it with all 3 colors?

5 Likes