Just ordered this for Clones

Hoping this works well enough. Anyone have any experience with this??

1 Like

Cones with a sunblaster t5HO not bad at all it will do what you need it to.

3 Likes

Much appreciated @WubbaLubbaDubDub The dude at the Organic shop I goto said they don’t carry it but had the same…just more expensive…I know he was tryna sell me the hlg65 for $150 (Which is GREAT) It’s what I’m using to veg but I’m going for CHEAP for this :pray:

2 Likes

No need to get crazy starting seeds or clones when I built my first aero cloner years ago I just used a Y splitter and two 14 watt CFLs for a large black and yellow bin.

You’ll be happy with the whole kit

3 Likes

Fantastic. I’ve only tried to clone once before and it was a disaster…for one I didn’t understand the concept yet…my buddy gave like 20+ clones and only 1 survived…hoping for a much better ratio this time around

3 Likes

Just make something similar to this. Cheap and easy. 100% success rate.
My homemade bubble cloner

4 Likes

Homemade cloners…don’t underestimate the size of my shelf cloning station, this shelf has rooted well over 4K cuttings since I set it up and has constantly been working for 18yrs.

10 Likes

I got a couple trays and a heat mat, I really like these clear inserts and the mini tray

1 Like

@PhilCuisine that looks amazing…eventually I want to have something along those lines.

I definitely do like those clear inserts. @Seamonkey84 Definitely will look further into those

Are those rooting cubes better than just rooting into soil??

I’ve always used peat pellets or the generic rooter plugs. I’ve never rooted in soil, but as long as you get the moisture content right it’ll work. But not too wet

1 Like

@Seamonkey84 thank you sir :pray:

I bought one of these a week or two ago (without the tray) and you’re gonna love it, perfect for sprouting seeds and cloning in! And the cubes aren’t necessarily easier, but it makes it easier to check on your roots when using plugs versus going straight in soil and having to watch for new growth.

2 Likes

Nope I don’t but I’ve had great results with these…top black dome is free when you buy a roasted chicken from Sam’s club…bottom foil tray with dome is $1 at the Dollar Tree, all you have to do is add a LED strip light $7 at Menards…they both do the same job and a lot cheaper than $47…save your money for good genetics instead bromigos. I’m just saying…

4 Likes

Well until I got the trays and domes, I didn’t have too much trouble rooting cuttings in a large container of any sort. But I like the inserts to hold the plugs and labels, and they have vents that can be used to control humidity.

5 Likes

A lot of people don’t realize that you might have everything you need or already have an item laying around your house for rooting cuttings and for cloning instead of buying overpriced items from Amazon…and if you don’t Dollar Tree have items there for sure to make your own cloner or mini green houses for seedlings/cuttings/clones and only for a dollar. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I’m so in agreement with you on this. You keep posting your cheap home made cloners. I post mine. Yet peeps still want to spend money and make it complicated. I just don’t get it. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Bottom line, if you know the principal on how things work you can make it yourself with items that’s around/in your house…Now that pot is legal in a lot of states you have these companys making/selling aero gardens for outrages prices, when you can make one for under $20 or less…This is me, I’m not trying to keep up with the Jone’s by buying high priced items when I can make one myself and still get the same results or better. I’m just saying. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I have a home made bubble clones I made for probably less than $40. Works great.

But, sometimes, when I only have a couple cuttings… I use this: a drink cup from a coffee shop over another takeout container. 2 clones inside in root riot cubes.
Light above them is a 23w CFL.

5 Likes