KAIJU: The Thread

A thread for KAIJU enthusiasts to discuss, share and rant about anything and everything KAIJU related.

https://wikizilla.org/w/images/1/1b/Godzilla_Victory_Dance_from_Monster_Zero.gif

:metal: :grin: :+1:

10 Likes

I’m looking very much forward to seeing this nonsense opening week! Ideally 3D & D-Box!

3 Likes

NOT ONLY IS THIS CANON WITH LEGENDARY’S MONSTERVERSE, the Nutflicks animated show Skull Island is actually really well done!

It was developed by Brian Duffield who also did Love and Monsters & Underwater; so if you enjoyed either of them you’ll enjoy this.

:v:

1 Like

I think its gonna be good. I’m gonna see The Meg 2. But, not on the big screen. I’m not about paying ten dollars to take a nap in the movie theater. It never fails. We might get halfway through and my wife’s elbowing me cuz I’m starting to snore, lol.
I thought Underwater was a good film. Haven’t seen Love and Monsters. I’m pretty sure Brian Duffield did some writing for the Divergent films also.

2 Likes

Super late to the party but I love watching Godzilla movies and found a site where they archieved all the original Japanese ones with dubbing. I watch these multiple times per year and sometimes just have it on while cleaning the house.

I hope you all enjoy. Combine everything below on your web browser and enjoy! :smile:

https://archive

.org/details/RecurringDinosaurInfestationFilms/1.Godzilla-KingOfTheMonsters1956.avi

1 Like

This one’s a really weird in a good way take on Godzilla.

Godzilla Singular Point:
“Brought together by a mysterious song, a grad student and an engineer lead the fight against an unimaginable force that may spell doom for the world.”

1 Like

I thought Singular point was amazing compared to the three part movie Netflix did. It was enjoyable seeing the sheer terror of Godzilla and how it evolved the entire planet over 10k years. I had to search the internet for why the thrid part ended the way it did and made more sense. Maybe I was too high when I watched it :laughing:

Also, how they portrayed Ghidorah was pretty dope in my opinion.

I do hope they make more singular point!

1 Like

I am a fan of the Kaiju movies :raised_hands:

:office: :fire: :dragon_face:

Shin Godzilla is my favorite, though I’ll admit I haven’t seen almost any of the older Toho films. Pacific Rim is bonkers fun. The newer American Godzilla/Kong movies are silly but I have fun with them if I remember to turn my brain off and just enjoy the sparkly light show :star_struck:

But this is the Kaiju flick I’ve seen the most:

1 Like

Japanese Godzilla > American Godzilla

1 Like

Slightly obscure…

1 Like

I loved skull island a the other related movies, and used to love the godzilla and king kong stuff back in the day. I just finish 12 eps of pure anime enjoyment last weekend. Kaiju no 8 was great, you guys should give it a try.

2 Likes