Kashmir Crowdsource Testing

I think it’s more of a concern to see variegation suddenly present in an heirloom seed line with a long history of cultivation, as opposed to a clone only pheno with known variegation.

Personally I test all live plants that enter my garden for hlvd with tumi or farmer freeman tests. I only grow seeds from trusted sources, and I wouldn’t take any chances with a variegated chem D clone.

There is a tissue cultured chem d cut by phinest which shows no variegation.
While tissue culture can alter phenotypical expression (through the mechanism of acclimatization environmental conditions influence the expression of genetic traits), to me this calls into question whether or not the chem variegation is a genetic trait after all. We know it’s not hlvd, but I still don’t want that in my garden.

Of course I am a perpetual med grower for a chronic condition, so I am very risk averse and do not take any risks that could possibly interrupt or negatively impact my medical grow.

The calculations will be different for every grower depending on their needs and their garden setup. for other people these things may not be as much of a concern.

5 Likes