Kasper’s Pollen Chucks

They look ready to rock and super happy. I’ve started going super basic mode with sprouting. I had the best luck with just cocoa coir and a little bit of worm castings. Maybe a little labs spritz too.

2 Likes

The soil make up would be slightly different when used due to the more fiberous food fed to them. This said I’d think that it could assist in making more micro air pockets throughout the soil keeping the soil loose. @Kasper0909 appreciate the post with this :slight_smile: something new to think about now

1 Like

Makes sense. I should figure out some experiments. Maybe try sprouting seeds in just meal worm castings. :thinking:

Perhaps similar to @JohnnyPotseed method with EWC seed germinating. Perhaps a new tech in the works :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Sounds fun. :grin:

1 Like

Straight into media, eh? I tried that, but I found the rockwool I use was quite cool and the seeds took a little longer, maybe Coco stays warmer. Damp paper towel on something warm (I use the back of a light with a little spacing) got em popping within a day… I actually just had one pop and have a half inch tap root in 6 hours! That lil bean was wanting out! Lol

3 Likes

Yeah, the afghani seeds definitely seem to prefer warmth!

3 Likes

They seem to be crazy happy right now, their leaves are getting CRAZY fat :grin:

1 Like

Ya I use a heat mat and have them in like a Tupperware type box. Keeps them moist and warm. :grin:

1 Like

Here’s my Afghani autos. :rofl: outta the 10 sprouts I don’t think one will survive. But the two popping from seed look like they’ll do good as I don’t have to touch them. :+1:

There’s other stuff growing too in there, clover, beans, onions, flax etc.
I’ll be surprised if the big one in the corner gets much bigger.

8 Likes

You don’t think it’ll get much bigger? Whys that??

1 Like

Because It’s taken 2 weeks to get there🤣

4 Likes

Hahaha yeah, that’d do it, lol

2 Likes

Hey @Kasper0909 . How long do those Afghani autos take to finish ? :rainbow:

2 Likes

They are pretty quick. They start flower at 4 weeks and should finish 7 to 8 weeks after so 3 months total roughly I believe.

3 Likes

Dream Blush bushing out.

Sprinkled a couple spoonfuls of Dr earth on top and watered in with about a 1/4 cup of microbial liquid fertilizer to 2 gallons of water. The first bucket of liquid fertilizer is the consistency of a light syrup now.

12 Likes

PCOaxaca x Blue Sunshine. Purple one is fadeing red. Leaves starting to look like flames.

Aphids like the purple one.

22 Likes

Little Afghani seedlings.

9 Likes

The Afghanis are currently the fastest growing plant in my tent, no question :grin:. I wish I could post the daily gif of them growing, it’s so cool to watch :grin:

6 Likes

Some tomatoe seedlings. :grin: and a squash

10 Likes