Kasper’s Pollen Chucks

Are they just called a sprouting bag?

2 Likes

My favorite part of the cycle! Best of luck with your starts @Kasper0909 !
:grin::v:

4 Likes

Honestly I can’t remember.

This I believe.
Belit Nursery Growing Bags, 100 Pcs Fabric Seedling Pots Non-Woven Pouch for Gardening Seed Plant Bag, Potato, Flower, Tomato Plant Starts (5.7" x 5.7 ") https://a.co/d/hP5qzxG

Those look big tho.
There’s smaller ones but any seedling size should be fine.

2 Likes

Hey man did my letter ever reach you?

2 Likes

Ya. I shoulda said that when I was popping your seeds :rofl:. 2 Mephisto in soil. Love the numbers puck too . Took me a minute for my brain to stop typing itself in knots to see what you did there. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Nice glad they arrived. I had asked @bobgrows if she could number the seed spots in a puck and she killed it! Works great with fems since 1-2 can be enough to get a female :rofl:.

Oh my gosh I’m sorry I had actually read where you tagged me to lmk you dropped seeds🤣. My bad dude was one of those days!

5 Likes

I have some of those seedling bags and was wondering if the roots would go through them. I think you just solved my problem of killing autos. Thanks @Kasper0909 . 🥸

4 Likes

My Afghani auto seed run I used those bags and they had no problem at all. They transferred very stress free :+1::facepunch:

6 Likes

So when its time to move to their big pot you just make a hole, set the bag in it and put the soil around it? Just verifying because it sounds too good to be true :wink::laughing:

Btw, all the afghani seeds I’ve planted are up now. Some take a while, longest was 6 days this time with my cooler temps on the third seed of the direct sow no soak, but you’re rocking nearly 100% germination from the 20 I’ve planted so far. Very nice!

7 Likes

Awesome that’s very good to hear!:mechanical_arm:
What worked for me. Sprout the seedlings in the seedling bags in just cocoa coir, a little perlite and a little worm poop(as sterile as possible) container should stay most and warm. Once sprouted, set in solo cup with mostly cocoa coir little worm poop, perlite and about 1/3 potting soil. Water them in and keep them pretty humid. You want the plant to get roots around the cup a little and when ready to up pot make sure they are slightly dry as the root ball will slide right out into the hole you’ve made in their final pot.

In the case of the autos I skipped the solos completely which honesty should be fine with photos too. Just when they are small they realy thrive with humidity and warmth.

Mycorrhizae in the hole works really realy well also

Still constantly tweaking as we all are. :+1:

The velcro bottom pots give you another easy up pot

11 Likes

The Dream Blush are rockin, bushy, stout plants and have such a pretty purple/ blue sheen on the leaves.

16 Likes

If you use the Temu website they’re on there for 30-50% less

For 100 bags is good

4 Likes

Looking daaaamn good :metal:

1 Like

That is a good deal. :+1:

2 Likes

Almost all seedlings up minus 2. @Ottafish

Time for some light.
Still waiting on 2 bv x pr x sb

3 days from seed in soil with no soaking.
No helmet head surgery needed.

15 Likes

Afghani f2 autos. Lookin like the biggest is gonna be male. The other 3 looking good.
This is a recycled pot and have no idea what kinda soil I used :sweat_smile:

Starting to warm up again so everything should get a nice boost.
They need to make a tall humidity dome for these.

Very curious to see what that little crippled one on the bottom does if it ever finds its roots.

10 Likes

K, have to ask, what are you looking at to determine that when they’re so young??

2 Likes

Determine what? The male? He is showing a little sac I believe. Not positive yet tho.

1 Like

I wonder when the clock starts with autos? Is it as soon as the seed cracks, or when the first true leaves appear?

1 Like