Kasper’s Pollen Chucks

Outta likes, but… Thank you, I totally would have slipped spraying him down first.

I’m going to try collecting pollen for the first time, I should be able to cut him up in pieces and shake him into a Ziploc bag, yeah?

1 Like

Btw, beauty looking plants! I love it when they’re settled in and really start growing :grin::metal:

Chop him, put him in a vase of water and isolate. Then when you have some sacks open beat it into a metal bowl. I would not use a zip lock tho cuz you need to make sure it’s dry first. And it would go all over the bag

1 Like

I use paper bags.

2 Likes

Oh nice paper bag sounds good

1 Like

Ahh, that makes sense, a paperbag would let it dry… How long should it dry before hitting the freezer?

I should really YouTube this crap, but you all know this stuff and I can ask direct questions :grin:

1 Like

Allows to continuously dry, throw in one of those little dry packs and keep in the freezer.

1 Like

Ya I’d say several days depending on your humidity to make sure it’s dry. A couple grains of uncooked rice also helps keep it dry

1 Like

Awesome :grin::metal:. Thanks guys

1 Like

Trimmed up the Dream Blush a smidgen.

An 8 leafer. Weird
My hands are pretty large too

10 Likes

Local imo taking off in the imo/mulch bucket.

Very white mycelium.

And I found some granola poop out back.
Any poop identifiers?

I almost want to plant it somewhere. It’s full of different seeds. Just noticed the colony of little baby purple Roly Polys with both the mother and the father there

6 Likes

Well, I’m not sure what possessed me to go pick this crap up but I just couldn’t leave such a diverse goldmine alone. :rofl:

If the mycelium take to it I may ferment it in the imo 2.

6 Likes

The things that gardening will make you do for good free nutes.

4 Likes

Seriously tho. :joy:

I have a bucket of fpj in my garage waiting to get tossed outside to start up again. Got snow yesterday and today but forecast is well above freezing in the coming days

1 Like

Ya we are looking to warm up too this week after a couple cold days. Now it’s gonna get hot. Haha

About damn time to get this grow season going outdoors :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve accumulated like 5 buckets outside :rofl::rofl:
But hey gotta use those kitchen scraps, parts of plants, chicken and random poops, molds, fungus and everything else that seems to fit.

1 Like

Ya I’m excited. Got a new little garden area fenced off from the chickens. So don’t have to worry about that again.

1 Like

I have a route around my town that I harvest imo from. Figure it’s better to have a variety of local to build up the soil colonies for my tasty garden veggies and fruits

2 Likes