Kasper’s Pollen Chucks

Seems the best practices so far for clones for me are.
Immediately emerse your clones in water a soon as you snip. Keep in very high humidity. Keep warm with low light.
My first couple days I had cloning powder in the water then gave fresh water(sink water) then changed again a few days later.
Also don’t take the clones out of the humidity right away when ready to plant, slowly introduce them to less humidity.

The medium is probably the least important thing if any of these things were missing.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, thank you! I’ll go change my water and add some powder, and a couple cups for humidity :grin::metal:

1 Like

Mephistos :rofl:

Like 6 weeks old

4 Likes

Afghani autos f2 opening up.

Almost pollen time

9 Likes

These Afghani auto f2 are going nuts. I got a super stretchy one like @luxton but female. No balls at all. :joy:

That right one wants so bad to touch the light.

9 Likes

Dream Blush clones from mom#1

8 Likes

Sugar belts crosses.

5 Likes

Niiiice!! Mine that stretched took forever to show anything… I hope that’s not the case for you :grin:

1 Like

We shall see. :joy: look full on female so far.

1 Like

Dream Blush week 3 of flower. The smells on these are absolutely mouth watering. You literally want to shove your fingers up your nose. Earthy/ creamy sweet with a hint of citrus. Smell just like their Blue Dream moms.

The yellower one smells the strongest currently.

Very n hungry

9 Likes

Did you keep a clone of this one?

1 Like

Yes. They are posted just a little above and doing good. That is #1. 2 of #1 and one each of the others made it.

1 Like

Here’s an update on my successful afghani auto female :smiley:
She smells really nice too!
(Edit to add, yeah, I know I’ve got spider mites and thrips. The ladybugs are keeping it from getting out of control. )

11 Likes

That is beautiful!! Do I see some pink hairs too or is that light? Still got a ways to go maybe too. That is allot of pistils.

Just checked again - all white pistils, it’s just the light. And you’re right, she’s got a ways to go still :smiley:

1 Like

So I was wondering does it degrade the Genetics at all from clone to clone? Like if I took a clone of a clone is it the same as taking a clone from the mom still?

3 Likes

I see differing opinions on this. IMHO a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of the original plant sprouted from seed is genetically identical to the original sprouted from seed plant, unless DNA damage from exposure to chemical or radiation occurs at some point or a pathogen infects something somewhere along the way.

A long time ago I ran many cloned generations deep on a perpetual harvest grow by taking clones from veging plants when they were flipped to flower, and it came out the same every time.

5 Likes

IMO both sides are right. :wink: Genetic drift is real… in that it’s technically possible for plants to mutate while growing, whether they’re the particular cuts taken as clones or not, and one in a million times or so those mutations will be reproduced rather than the mutated cells being useless and dying off as the plant continues to grow. Sometimes the stars align and those one-in-a-million mutations happen to be on cuts taken for clones, and voila, genetic drift. Probably far more often though, it’s used as an excuse for people who are selling diseased or entirely fake clones that are nothing like they’re supposed to be.

5 Likes

Awesome great info. Thanks @Cormoran too I was hoping that was the case. If these smoke as good as the Blue Dream I’ll be doing the perpetual thing for sure.

3 Likes

Afghani f2 autos have been pollinated. @Rabeats2093

I’ll probably hit them a couple more times

11 Likes