Kasper’s Pollen Chucks

Alright I went ahead and gave these two afghani autos a home, cuz why not. The third little seedling completely disappeared during transplant. It wasn’t pretty but they were in kind of a weird pot. I don’t think there was much stress for them. We’ll see.

5 Likes

Dream Blushes

6 Likes

Greenhouse

19 Likes

Man that untopped Oaxaca X BS is dirty smelling, her sister is much sweeter/creamier but somehow still smells the same.

4 Likes

The BBD X BC smells like berry diesel. For reals

4 Likes

Good fun! And a good test. I moved the last 3 of my little “rescued” seedlings into their big pots yesterday, and the two smaller ones already had their tap root coming out the bottom. I had the bottom of the seed cells cut off & the sides slit already, so I think I completed the move without damaging them, but we’ll see if just touching the tap root bothers them. It was impressive to see how much root action was going on below such tiny seedlings!

4 Likes

Is it the general conscensus that root damage is the most common cause of death for autos?

Not exactly. Most people’s experience with most autos is that messing up the tap root causes stunting. Personally I’d prefer if they did just keel over dead. Then I wouldn’t be left waiting to see if the thing was going to recover and deciding if I ought to euthanize or carry through with an underperforming stunted plant. :laughing:

3 Likes

IME they almost never actually die. I’ve even seen them sit there for a month just an inch tall, then make a tiny little flower. I have coaxed a few into recovering significantly from root damage, but never gotten a nice big plant. Nutrient issues early on are terrible for them too. The ones I got some recovery from root damage on I did foliar spray so they didn’t also have nutrient deficiency.

Leaf damage they are much more likely to recover from with little stunting IME.

6 Likes

Same was my experience too…
I let the stunted Autos grow and got bountiful harvests more than once…

2 Likes

#9 joined the party today! That makes 9/10 successfully growing in spite of the cold temp start. Very nice!!

The whole family today:

11 Likes

So diverse already from the get go! Nice!!!

3 Likes

Hey maybe @dougdawson ? He does daily giveaways and don’t remember the last time he gave away autos.:thinking::wink:

2 Likes

Ya the roots are nuts on seedlings. They bust through the bottom of those little bags quick.

1 Like

Ladybug :beetle: been hanging out from the beginning. At least I think it’s the same one. Anyway she’s doing work on those sporadic aphids.

15 Likes

Amazing! That is so kick ass you got 9/10 with those early seeds. I’ve been wondering if they needed time to dry more or refrigerate but these literally came right off the plant. Thank you so much for your time with these. You’ll be getting another package from me in the near future! :grin::facepunch:

2 Likes

@Rogue These being f2s should be fun plants I’d imagine. And probably all over the place. But what better strain to do that with haha. The terps on all three mothers were insane when shucking seeds. Im excited to see these grown with a different grow style too. Fun stuff!! Replied wrong🤣

2 Likes

That bottom right is a fuzzy little seedling. :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

You’re right! I was applauding it for starting to produce a nice set of leaves after whatever terrible munching it got, and hadn’t even noticed the extra fuzz. Very cool. I think top left is a little extra fuzzy too. I’ll stick some identifiers in the photos so we can track the individuals over time :grin::nerd_face::rofl:

2 Likes

Awesome you rock!!

1 Like