Kidney Stone

I’m passing a 5mm kidney stone.
Holy fucking shit!

Definitely 10 out of 10 on the pain scale.
Gout is now 9.

Kill me now… :grimacing:

12 Likes

Dang man. I hope you feel better after all that. My mother in law had chronic kidney stones and had it her whole life. She describes it just like that.

1 Like

Fuck, nothing to like about that! I hope it’s gone soon!

3 Likes

Hope you get better soon !

1 Like

This is my first time and it is terrible.
Ended up in the emergency room Wednesday because I literally thought I was dying.

5 Likes

Had that 2 x’s
I couldn’t believe how much pain I was in
Horrible

Hope your feeling better

4 Likes

Did you see the TV mini-series Deadwood? There are a number of absolutely horrifying scenes where one of the antagonists has kidney stones. It is so painful to watch.

3 Likes

Damn, that sucks. A good friend used to get them often. Not much more painful than kidney stones. Ive seen him laying down, moaning in agony. . Maybe a gunshot wound, hurts more.
Hopefully its better soon. Drink a lot of water.

5 Likes

the only thing I have ever experienced thats worse than a kidney stone was an infected abscess in my jaw… do not recommend take care of your teeth… biggest regret of my entire life

4 Likes

Not being a smart ass here… does weed help the pain at all? Literally asking for a friend.

1 Like

Weed doesn’t help.
Percocet doesn’t help.

A shot of dilaudid helped a lot, but can only get that in the hospital.

6 Likes

My heart breaks for you. That’s a lot of pain.

3 Likes

Very Sorry they are awful! I usually get them about every two years since my first one. Best of luck to you

3 Likes

Ah, that’s a small one. :face_with_monocle: get ready for a real blast at the end of the line… If it gets stuck there for a few days, oh boy… :pray: Save it when it finally spurts out and have the doc check what kind it is… Sounds like you may have the pointy jagged kind vs the smooth easier flowing ones

1 Like

Been there done that. Feeling your pain. I find comfort in sitting when I’m passing (get weak in the knees). Wish I knew a stoner cure or way to reduce the pain. I will say passing in urine is preferred method of passing. Guy I worked with had one get stuck and infected, they had to operate followed by complications.

Healing thoughts.

Smib

Ps- Dealt with gout also. Pain levels are comparable

2 Likes

kidney stone are a bitch I found out that mine where brought on by powered ice tea mix ,it sounds funny but there’s something to it
Sometimes in there did not filter right and caused a calcium buildup. It seems

Pain like no other

3 Likes

I found over the years the only way for me to keep them at bay, was to stay hydrated.
We love tea and coffee. But every morning, I down a glass of water, before I start the coffee guzzle.
I shoot for a gallon a day, but then I’m pissing all around the back yard, all day, like a damn hound.

4 Likes

So true water at night before bed with lemon juice in it also the one in the morning

3 Likes

Mate, I can sympathize, I’ve had a couple of these. One was like a green shard of flint. I used to eat a lot of spinach and drink green smoothies, healthy right? Turns out they’re full of oxalates and that’s what builds up and causes the stones. I cut out all the green leafy stuff and do shots of baking soda and lemon juice now, it breaks down the stones and you’ll have cloudy urine for a day or so but better than passing stones.

3 Likes

Holy crap man. -Hoping you pass it quicker than a model-T on the autobahn!!

4 Likes