RE: Something is causing slight clogs/flow restriction in my 3mm Blumat drip lines...
While I am getting some sediment from the MegaCrop, I do not think that is the culprit. After a day or two (from rez change) I am getting this floating in the nute solution:
WTF is this?
All I had handy was a small spoon with some MegaCrop residue still on it, but I used that to dip some out of the water.... so ignore the brown/red/orangish crap:
Working on a solution
After some discussion with some guys on the Discord server, we decided it was most likely algae/diatoms/something in that category. Due to the fact that I am cleaning and changing the rez out every 4 days or so I have been keeping it at bay for the most part, but it is causing some problems with the 3mm lines.
So, what to do?
I decided to start of by adding 3% H2O2 to my rez at approximately 10ml per gallon, and this happened:
It clumped up and a lot of it sunk from the surface. So I think we are probably correct in that it is biological in nature. So per the advice of @Mr.Sparkle who suggested a "dead rez", I will be going out to get some pool shock, aka, calcium hypochlorite. The higher the concentration the better... seems to range from 50ish% to 73% being the highest concentration. Be careful though because some pool shock products use a different active chemical. This is the stuff you use when your swimming pool is turning green and you need to get it back clear on the quick, so it should have no problem with a 5 gallon rez.
Alternatively, I could use H2O2, but it is more expensive. I also still have the filter bag that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. One way or another this problem is getting remedied ASAP. I want to be able to leave for a week and be confident.