KingGhidora's 2x4x5ft tent grow/5x solstrips (now 8x). From scratch!

I tried using 1 tsp of 35% H2O2 per gallon in the rez, and it appeared to work at first, but in the end it didn’t work out. I’ve thought about trying Pool Shock but was skeptical it would work better, so I’m following along with much interest. I’ve had to resort to hand watering for this cycle, but that’s not sustainable for me so I really hope the pool shock works.

3 Likes

I will keep you all posted. I added about .1g to 5 gallons of water when I mixed up my nutes last night. I’ll have a look in there tonight and see what it is looking like and get back with results. After a little more reading on the subject this morning I think I probably went a little light on the shock. It could probably use .2g - and closer to .3g, which really isn’t much.

4 Likes

Preliminary results are in, and they are promising - no floaties as of last night. A pound of this stuff should last quite a while too… it’s the 68% stuff (65% min available chlorine) a lot out there is 56%, and they also make a 73% that I see a lot. The stronger the better I think. All it takes is .2-.3g for 5 gallons.

5 Likes

I use it in my cloner. Yes I clone like a hydro guy!?! :exploding_head:

6 Likes

After 48-ish hours… I went from this:

Which I initially mistook for sediment from the MegaCrop. Turns out it was some kinda algae/diatoms. Because, with the latest res change I added some pool shock and this is the new 48 hour look:

I can see the bottom easily, no floaties, and a nice light clean chlorine smell.

@Mr.Sparkle comes through with another tip for the win! Thanks for the suggestion bro!

@Howard.Crane definitely give it a try!

Back with more later guys!

8 Likes

Nice @KingGhidora. How much per gal of pool shock? :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Here ya go brother! For 1 gallon i’d just .05g per gal.

Jelly

3 Likes

Yeah about .05g per gallon. I think the goal is about 10ppm. Also if you decide to use it remember it is bleach and take appropriate precautions when handling and storing.

2 Likes

Kool brother! Right into oleskool’s Big Red Book of Aquired Knowledge.

2 Likes

Would hydrogen peroxide do the same thing? @KingGhidora, @Jellypowered

2 Likes

To an extent, but loses effectiveness over time.

3 Likes

Yes, like @Jellypowered said it does work but just doesn’t have any staying power from my anecdotal experience. Maybe 24 hours… but the pool shock should last up to about 7 days I believe.

2 Likes

Thanks y’all! I don’t care for that foul smegma floating on top. Looks like someone pissed in my res!

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Glad you got your res issues sorted out @KingGhidora a clean res is a happy res!

I’ve been using H2O2 forever but after seeing the results from you and Mr. Sparkle I’ll be using calcium hypochlorite instead in the future.

1 Like

Rollin’… rollin’… rollin’ on the river :musical_note:

36F or so

So, I’m sitting here kinda bored so I thought I’d hit you all with a few pics. Everything is coming along nicely. I’m starting to get excited for the finish but I’m still only 36F or so and following the MegaCrop feeding schedule…

Group shot

Tangie to the left

More Tangie and Blueberry to the right

Blueberry one of the main colas

Some Tangie budshots

L8r :dragon_face:

14 Likes

Whoa @KingGhidora! Spectacular! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Thanks @oleskool830! I’m pretty happy with the results and am looking forward to making some improvements for next grow! I’ve definitely made a few mistakes this time around but I’ve recently gotten kinda dialed in :telephone: :smiley:.

3 Likes

Let’s get things shakin’!

So I really got tired of looking at those fans on the floor blowing upwards. They aren’t strong fans so I wasn’t very confident in how well they were circulating things so I picked up a cheap Honeywell 10" circulating fan to add to the mix and clipped the smaller fans back up on the tent poles.

As the buds are fattening up I’ve been getting a bit concerned about humidity and bud rot and all that, but after adding the new fan I think all should be good. Everything seems to be shakin’ pretty good indicating good circulation.

And what kinda person would I be if I didn’t drop some plant shots for ya?

:v: :dragon_face:

18 Likes

awesome work so far, your on lock to a hefty harvest that’s for sure

6 Likes

Lovely big buds getting phatter every day @KingGhidora…! Btw; those solstrips are great :+1:
How long do you have left mate…?
Happy growing ,
Gaz

2 Likes