Kirivong (Cambodian landrace sativa) Thu

Kirivong from zomia seeds…

Landrace
100% sativa

I am growing Kirivong in the Pac NW. This is a seemingly easy to grow strain with lots of vigor. Seeds sprouted beautifully and is currently in vegetative growth. This strain is very leafy and should produce some nice size flower clusters, whether male or female. The aroma is citrus & lime like. Very appealing, in my opinion. When this plant is done flowering, I will post again. I may need to pull Kirivong early, as I deal with fairly cold temperatures in late fall. However, I am after seed stock anyhow.
It is possible that I will attempt this variety indoors as well, and will be posting again within the next few months.

Update…
I have a beautiful female Kirivong. She just put out her first few hairs. It is in fact, August 13th, just to give an idea of when she started. Today is over 100 degrees and she is thriving. This particular plant in which I am speaking of is planted right next to a Malana. Which is an India landrace sativa. The Malana has yet to show any signs of being male or female. If you have any experience with Malana, you know that she is a late finishing plant. Ending sometime in October to November. That being said, Kirivong may finish earlier than that. I’ve got my fingers crossed!

To add further information on the scent of the Kirivong female… I would say that within the first few days of flowering, the plant has taken a much more complex and funky smell to it. Not skunky, just an indescribable funky smell. Almost like a rotting tropical fruit. It is not overwhelming in any way, and is so far, suitable for a backyard grow operation. That being said, Kirivong still has a sweet, aromatic appeal to it. So don’t let the word funky detour any sweet flavored cannabis lovers out there. I would be surprised if this plant did a full 180° degree turn, and became a 100% unsweetened delight to the olfactory senses.

There is very little information on the Kirivong landrace cannabis plant. So I am trying to be as thorough as possible in my descriptions. Any questions that are abound, such as nutrient intake, growth structure, or speed of growth are welcome. I will attempt to answer to the best of my abilities.

Happy growing.

Jellyman

30 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow, Jellyman!

10 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow, Jellyman! Couch jumpers Thrilled to have you here! Can’t wait to see pics!

5 Likes

Intriguing - never hoid of it.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Jellyman :v:

2 Likes

Waiting in excitement.
Kirivong is the only currently available cambodian landrace from zomia seeds, supposedly untainted. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I’ve long been searching for pure cambodian. I’ve bought Mekong haze, Khmer gold and Cambodian from Indian landrace exchange. None germinated.
Thrilled to follow your grow, lets hope for som real narrow leaf wonder!

10 Likes

Welcome @Jellyman

@Teide if you’re looking for legit/pure Cambodian line, check out Monkey Puzzle genetics (Steve Dando) on instagram. He’s an ex Pat living in Cambodia and collects/grows varieties from the locals. If you get in touch with him in emails he’s willing to speak extensively about his offerings, very detail oriented guy. Best of luck!

9 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard some good things about him. I tried to follow him on instagram a while back, he hasnt accepted yet. Guess I’ll have to email him, thanks for the reminder🙂

3 Likes

…and so are we! :joy: :herb: :herb: :herb: :herb: :herb:

Welcome to OG

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Welcome to OG, would love to see how this one progresses!

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @Jellyman ! Sounds like you’ve got a gorgeous strain to work with. Stick around, there’s a lot of awesome people here and a lot of amazing genetics around. Check out the suggestions on nutrients and breeding here on OG, you’ll be thankful you did.

5 Likes

Very cool! Heard absolutely stellar things about this one, know of a few people who were seeking her as well. Hope this turns out absolutely stellar! Cannot wait to see the end results. And welcome to the last forum you’ll ever need to find, best of the best hands down ! :beers:

4 Likes

Kirivong seems to be doing very well. Considering the fact that I had stormy weather for over a week, adding seriously low temperatures for this time of year. I thought I’d might have lost her to the elements. However, she is thriving, and putting on some decent weight. The biggest tops are so packed with weight, that I may find myself using some kind of support for them. ATM she is exhibiting an extremely mild, and soft scent. Sugary and sweet. One thing to note is that this plant has gone through a few different scents as it has grown, so it may change again upon reaching maturation. This particular specimen of Kirivong, Cambodian landrace sativa, has been very enjoyable to grow. A fast growing plant that takes to tie-downs, smells terrific, and yields a decent amount of flower. The question is…
…when will she be done?

7 Likes

How’d she end up for you? Have you smoked any? Do you have pics?

1 Like

I can’t seem to upload pics from my phone, I’ll try my computer sometime soon. She was a decently heavy yeilder. Especially when considering that I had to pick her early due to weather conditions. She has a bubblegum like aroma and a very nice and strong, yet earthy flavor. Great buzz as well. I would definitely recommend Kirivong. I will be growing her again at some point.

7 Likes

Thanks for the description, can you comment on the quality of the buzz- just cerebral, was there body effect? racey or trippy? How long did it last?

1 Like

The buzz is very heart pounding for me. There is a deep thought like trance when I consume a full joint or a couple bowls back to back. I like to smoke it in the morning hour’s in moderation, as it doesn’t put me back to bed. All in all, I would truly recommend the strain. I purchased through zomia collective, they shipped from France to the US at a good price. Good trichome cover on the buds too. She is a good looking plant.

6 Likes