Malana x Kirivong

Good morning from the Pacific Coast!

I am about to cross pollinate a male landrace with a female landrace, of two different genetic lines. I am using a male Malana, 100% sativa, and a female Kirivong, 100% sativa.
The variety of Malana that I am growing is from a feral patch of naturally, open pollinated plants. For those that don’t know… Malana is from India’s high mountains, and is primarily used for making a hand rubbed hash. This male has extremely fast growth characteristics, and is a bit spacious between nodes. He smells very sweet, without even a hint of a spicy aroma.
The female Kirivong I am growing, is very bushy. Has a great leaf production and is just a beast of a plant, that smells funky and sweet. Kirivong is a Cambodian strain. Though it has been grown by the locals for quite some time, it is believed to be a 100% untainted landrace sativa.
Both of these plants are in danger. Malana is being introduced to modern hybrids and her genetics are becoming compromised. While Kirivong plants are simply being eradicated by law enforcement. Because of these tidbits of information, I will no doubt be crossing these strains with their own lineage as well. Landrace seed stock!!! So that future generations can enjoy what mother earth has provided us.
I have already picked out a name for this new cross. It will be named not after its characteristics, but after a lost but not forgotten friend of mine. I will call it “Swirl.”

Any thoughts or feedback is always appreciated.

Have a great day!!!

Jellyman

20 Likes

What kind of flower time are you expecting? 20 weeks?

3 Likes

Doing God’s work! I just picked up some Malana, but hadn’t heard of Krivong (sounds epic). Good luck on the run mate.

2 Likes

I’ll let you know how long it takes when they are finished. I have no real expectations.

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey man, it sounds like a badass cultivar is around the corner. I’ll keep an eye out for your Landraces and this “Swirl”. Sounds pretty cool, I’m curious to see how it turns out. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement!!!

I want these genetics to survive throughout many years to come. I would like to build a connection with some growers that aren’t afraid to grow landrace or new hybrid cannabis plants. I know that a lot of growers prefer a trip to a local dispensary for clone and seed purchases. Not to mention online shopping for feminized and auto flowering genetics. So, if you’re interested in growing what I’m producing, let me know. I’d really enjoy getting a chance to spread the love.

5 Likes

I wish you all the best @Jellyman
Should be a fun one to watch!

2 Likes

What ever happened? Fell off the proverbial cliff?

1 Like

Both of those sativa’s sound great together man, looking forward to it.