Kraven the Bunker

Ray44 from Fluence is nice, 44" long and 85 watts…$250. Philips Greenpower makes super efficient light bars but they only run on 240V.

5 Likes

Fluence is good lighting, there is a bit of a back story there…but their lights are solid. I know of a few grows going well with them now. The results I have seen, they are capable of numbers most people wont believe unless they have seen the grows themselves…I have and I’ll never go back to HID lighting.

4 Likes

backstory??? do tell. I know they used to be called something else, BML or something.

Agree on the LED’s, I converted to expensive P.L. Light Hortileds and I love them so far. Of course it cost an arm and a leg, but I feel like it was worth it. They use pretty much the same spectrum as NeoSol, it definitely works, the light doesn’t look as bright as HPS to our eyes, but it’s loaded with red and blue, to the plants it’s 2-3 times as bright as HPS.

I usually tell friends that want to improve their lighting to just try a Hortilux bulb. It’s much cheaper than converting to CMH or LED and it’s got enough extra blue to work really well on cannabis.

5 Likes

I’ve been given quote for NeoSol DS 520w - $1,325.00. Unfortunately no distributors in Europe :frowning:

3 Likes

I agree, took me 3k to get into commercial LED fixtures and at the time they were a direct replacement for 1k HPS But with a 500w draw. The story I have heard is the guy who originally designed the the NeoSol DS for Illumitex in Houston was trying to make basically a second gen BML Spyder but with upgrades and improved spectrum. Their light came out better and had a full 5 year direct replacement warranty…and at $1500 per fixture it was needed tbh.

I got into LED’s then and not 6 months after I had them swinging and routinely crushing numbers in the 1.85+ gpw range…BML gets bought out by Fluence and the guy left Illumitex to head to Fluence to build a third gen light…this latest gen is bad ass and full spectrum, and I know a breeder that just covered basically an 4x8 area with one fixture on a mover (Fluence) and hit numbers in the 3.5+ gpw range so that fixture is fire.

Good LED’s are not cheap and cheap LED’s are not good. I have not heard any feedback from HortiLED or seen any grows, I’ll have to do some research, thank you. :peace:

8 Likes

here’s a good source of info on the PL Hortileds (although they were a bit cheaper ordering from Urban-Gro in Colorado, love those guys) - the “eBloom” also called “Cannablüm” spectrum is what you want for flowering cannabis. They also sell a full-spectrum version for veg.

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/products/p-l-light-systems-hortled-top

I would definitely look into these if you’re in Europe, they’re made in Holland and should be cheaper. here’s the Cannablüm on the left and full spectrum on the right

8 Likes

Very cool. What is that black thing on the slab, the entrance, ventilation, both?

4 Likes

That is a feral cat house on the empty slab before construction started, we had a few around and the wife felt like they needed a place to stay…Ihave never seen anything in there but it makes the wife happy so we still have it.

5 Likes

So your bunker isn’t underground? Aw mannn

Buy a humane trap and tell your wife to get the feral cats fixed, at least the females. Tell her to think of all the future dead kittens and suffering cats. There are usually local programs that make it pretty cheap. Sorry, its one of my pet peeves.

6 Likes

I catch and release, have a vet that does them for 40 each… males get a nip off the left ear, female the right so I can see who needs work and who is OK…been here three years now and have done close to ten so far…I’m a nurse and have 3 cats so I feel you…that why I didn’t fuss when she got this way over priced thing that the cats wont go in :slight_smile:

It would be cool to be underground, but the water table is so high that w/o a sump pump it would flood…or slowly get pushed up to the surface. :peace:

9 Likes

Kraven, it is always exciting and resourceful to read your threads :slight_smile: Enjoy your grows my friend

7 Likes

Thank you very much @zem that was a really nice compliment and I appreciate the kind words. Hope all is going well with you. :peace:

6 Likes

Well every once in while I will do a tester run for specific breeders who’s gear I know to be solid…yours included @LED_Seedz… I got young plants 51 days from germ who are just not showing…2 males showed very early and very strong…but the rest are not making pre-flowers…well all but two. Rechecked them well this am and still got ones that refuse to sex. So…all my moms went to flower today…while I give these another few weeks. It should be a tasty harvest…gonna play hell keeping all these girls happy and the canopy fairly even…here is roll call on who went into flower today.

:evergreen_tree: :fire: :evergreen_tree:

NSA Fat

Grass Monkey

Kali Mist

Black Lime Reserve

Hippy Slayer

Herijauna

NDN 88G13 H/P

Blackberry Kush

9 Likes

Been busy in the Bunker today…lots of little things to do. Got some pic’s of the Grass Monkey by @LED_Seedz at day 43/56. Hope everyone is well. Peace

18 Likes

That grass monkey looks great! Just dripping in jewels.

3 Likes

Thank you sir, I was talking to the guy at @LED_Seedz and he said that a few strains are dropping in a minute. I have tested for him a bit, and it seems like everything he shoots my way is fire and just candy coated. I’m excited to see whats coming out…the GM has been really great and very easy to grow…handles stress very well…I stressed her pretty bad and she takes it like a champ. Thanks for dropping by and the kind words :peace:

4 Likes

Ha forgot to add that everyone is showing now or really close and most are female…she has a wee bit of sativa in her :wink:

3 Likes

Quite the line up! I am sure you will manage

3 Likes

Man @argo945 if it looks close I might fly you out here to help :wink:

2 Likes

I’m really lucky to have the friends I do. Awhile back a buddy of mine stopped by and took a few shots of my girls. Makes even a hack like me look pro.

Grass Monkey by @LED_Seedz

18 Likes