Testing Monkey Brains🐒🍌

So @DavesNotHere and I were ask to test out a cross for @LED_Seedz, so we’re gonna do just that and show you the organic soil AND coco side of these plants!

For me I’m using coco top hempys with megacrop and epsom… they did get a feeding of Recharge and got a little boost but still coming around for the non ready coco…right now the plants are 20 days old. But let’s start from the start

Beans to tails 1/27/2019

From tails to solos 1/28/2019

Popping through surface… helmet headed for a day…1/29/2019

Little plants now 2/1/2019

Jump ahead a week… 2/9/2019

Two runts… needed to decide who stays and who goes… Chose the one on the right to stay, better structure and different leaf structure than the other 5… bye little left plant…

And here they are tonight after transplant to final 10 inch hempy pots… once they start to bounce back they will be pulled down and out and into flower they will go…don’t mind the skunk in the back right corner

2/17/2019

25 Likes

I’m a little later than Jake is.

2/16/19

20 Likes

Looking good! Do you have any history on the strain?

2 Likes

We weren’t told what it is, but my guess is grass monkey X cherry OG

6 Likes

I immediately thought of Indiana Jones lol

10 Likes

I thought that was Cherry Tart. :wink:

6 Likes

No Cherry anything in this cross.

Thanks for testing guys!

11 Likes

Looking good after the transplant… pH stuff comes today so we’ll get that wrinkled look to go away shortly…

Upon transplant to rinsed coco, they received light feed (3g megacrop/gallon) with 1 tsp of Epsom salt… this is two days after transplanting from solos

12 Likes

Little bit of training… Lower leaves we’re too far to save but they are on track now., Still trying to get the hang of this coco thing lol
… A couple more weeks til the Critical Orange finishes in the flower tent and they will go 12/12 … 27days old today…

11 Likes

3 grams per gallon of megacrop is light? What does the ppm come out to?

That’s about as strong as I’ve been making mine and I thought it was almost maximum. Comes out to around 725 ppm… still figuring this stuff out

3 Likes

You gotta figure your ppm out lol because for me and my tap which comes to 240ppm + 7.5g of megacrop for a flowering plants still only give me 950ppm so the lower side of my 3g per gallon for the little ones is at minimum 500ppm and that includes the 240ppm for my water

3 Likes

For the record… 4g is recommended starting point for early veg plants in megacrop according to their feeding chart

3 Likes

Oh ya, you’re right. I’ll start bumping it up slowly. Thanks!

2 Likes

Day 31V
We got a couple ladies

12 Likes

All in their new home under 315w (of screw in bulbs- 5k) to suss out who’s who and getting the first darkness of their lives for 12 hours tonight…at least 3 females so far… this could be a good grow @LED_Seedz

10 Likes

Looking good and healthy now!

6 Likes

A quick question because you seem to have the hempys down. I put my plants from Solo cups into 2 gall hempys about a week ago. The bottoms were so full that if I tipped the pot a bit of water would pour out.

Now a week later the top coco is almost dry, but also when I tip the pot nothing comes out. Is it possible they already found and drank all the bottom water, or does it tend to evaporate off over time?

I find it hard to believe they drank it all already lol

1 Like

Lol with hempys you’d be surprised how quickly they drink that res water once the roots find it and when you chop the plant it will be virtually no mess as the roots will net and hold all the perlite in place…

Be sure when you’re watering them, that you water til run off comes from the hole and then let it finish draining and put it back… they’re a new thing for me as well but they are treating me well…

Updates on the Monkey Brains shortly!!!

3 Likes

Update Day 3F
Everyone looking good… 4 females in the closet now… suspected male is in the tent waiting to cluster for pics and death…

Need to go through today or tomorrow and tie down a bit more and thin some “never gonna be’s” and then they’ll finish untouched, they got an increase in feed yesterday and they are starting to come around…

6 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks! Do make sure to have alot of runoff when watering, or just looking to see a bit?

Loving them so far, the coco is great. The MBs are looking really sweet btw nice bushy shape to them.

2 Likes