Kronnkk's New Groove

Wire is probably better than U-bolts; I’ll have to add some to the grocery order this week.

Get ya a roll of this plant tie wire and u can tie down to the pot with holes or binder clips.

4 Likes

Update:

It’s nearly the end of the day and the decapitated upper stem is about as flaccid and shocked as you might expect. The main stem is holding some rigidity but the leaves are like wet paper. There’s still a chance it’ll pull through, but I’d be surprised if it does.

On the other hand, the remaining lower stem look to be fine even though it really only has one mature node. The growth tips that were barely distinguishable this morning are 3-4x larger already. Plants are magic.

1 Like

In the meantime if your looking for better beans, maybe check out some of these:

:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

Gosh, I’ve been staring at the trading post giveaways all week but I’m still TL1 so I can’t participate yet. I think someone told me earlier in the thread that I should still be able to use the trading post anyway, just not seed runs, but I’m pretty sure I’ve confirmed that I’ve got to wait until TL2.

I appreciate it anyway @blowdout2269 :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about that. I thought TL1 could edit a wiki. Hell, what do I know. You should check out this:

And most definitely this:

You need to be at least a Member (trust level 2) or Supporter to participate in Trading Post category.

Found it. Maybe I’ll hit up the patreon and skip the red tape.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, there’s that too! :crazy_face:

Done. Happy to give back to the community since y’all have been so generous with the lovely beans.

2 Likes

Sweet. What an awesome gesture!
:v::smiley::+1:

1 Like

Morning update:

Upper foliage is putting up a good fight; I was surprised to see the stem straightened out over night. It was crooked quite dramatically from both the bend I made and compensatory uplift. The leaves are still quite floppy but the upper immature leaves have a modicum of turgidity. Overall prognosis has improved but still not anywhere near good health.

The lower segment still looks to be taking it well. The growth tips have gotten so big so fast; it’s cool to see, but overall there’s not a lot to report on.

What’s super cool is seeing the contrast between the two segments. The upper stem segment was putting out a lot of itty-bitty growth tips before it got detached, but while it’s been trying to root, they’ve barely grown (if at all). The lower stem’s growth tips have outpaced them wildly.

1 Like

Night time scoop:

Upper Segment:

Appears to have backslid. The leaves are droopier than this morning and you can just make out some discoloration on the distal leaf in the photo.

Lower Segment:

Absolute powerhouse. Those growth tips aren’t even there 2 days ago. I’ve got some plant wire on the way and I’ll start attempting training in the near future.

4 Likes

FYI clones will always look kinda crapy for the first week or two.
:wink::+1:

1 Like

It’s another day and growth has been good! Looks like the upper segment is doing A-OK and the new leaves are maturing quickly! I have no doubt that it’ll be ok.

The lower segment is, of course, still droopy as hell. The lowest leaves are turning yellow at the tips and discoloration is spreading medially. The thought crossed my mind that maybe I could clip the bottom fans for better “growth focus” but I’m under the impression that that would just add more stress and decreases carb sources for the plant so I’m going full LITFA. I suspect that the yellowing is a consequence of dipping deep into those carb stores.

Anyway, I’ll probably post pics at the end of the week unless anyone wants to see how they’re coming along. I don’t want to over post images for the OG server’s sake :wink:

1 Like

Plant ties came in today! I’m also fantasizing about making Timelapse footage; I haven’t seen others do it and I love watching them.

New growth on the lower looks healthy and is growing quickly but asymmetrically; one side faster than the other. The upper is becoming more yellow at the lower leaves but does not appear rotten so hope remains.

Peace :v:

1 Like

Well, I’ve found mites. Looks like neem oil is in my future.

I would go for something a tad more deliberate.

2 Likes

What would you suggest?

Have you identified the mites? Are you sure they are not beneficials? Are they on the foliage?

They appear to be winter grain mites, which really sucks because I have no idea why they would be where they are. I’ve caught them munching on leaves and they leave scabby, silver-grey dead spots on the leaves that look a lot like crop circles, but much straighter.