ChemicalDependant’s Natural Dependents

Ok, this may take a minute to get off the ground as I’m still planning this a bit and buying things, etc. but after growing for while I know what I like and all. I’ll me pushing all my scraggly topics into here, or finishing them up.

So for vegging I’m using a 2X4 tent, and that’s all I have at the time being. I have 3 Goji cuts from @Vagabond_Windy that I’ve given over this 55 gallon tub too. The soil in there is about 50/50 coco coir and a mix of guinea pig manure and Timothy hay I clean out our the cage, that I then amend to approximately a Coots mix. So just no EWC. Except there is 1lb of red wrigglers in there so assuredly there is some. The soil has been through one cycle of autos so seems about ready to go so here we go!

Cover crop came in really well.

The clones are doing well, showing some new growth on all three. Little bit burnt… not sure if that’s from the soil or what.

#Where’s Waldo- I dropped two Forum Stompers to test direct sow viability in the bed. One came up in the first pick, but no idea on the second, will have to keep an eye out. But hoping to get a quick harvest out of them while the Goji makes herself at home.

25 Likes

Good luck with the grow CD!

2 Likes

I’ll be following along I’m building my no till beds right now two 2x4 beds for my perpetual tents I think I want to make them like big sips beds if I can find something appropriate for aeration in the bottom I dont think the perlite and rice hulls I use in the soil mix will work thinking lava rock maybe anyway like I said the beds look great I’ll be following along for sure have a great day

Bliss

1 Like

I am planing on setting up some Blumats I have for this veg bed. Two 2x4 flower beds are in the works, and I have to say I’ve considered SIPS; I have to play with a smaller system first I think. I know @nube has great results with his system, but those are smaller fabric pots.

Definitely want to set up some auto watering, as it seems it pushes them along a bit. As far as resilience, I am finding it doesn’t really matter if I water my bed every few days or once a week. There is enough soil there it makes up for it at this stage lol.

@Vagabond_Windy Man, you mentioned the cinnamon was subtle; but it’s taking over the tent here already. I just walked in to water and the room smells like a Cracker Barrel.

All three have taken root for sure, so I’m happy. Not sure why I put three cuttings from the same plant in there, I guess just lack of options for now and impatiently wanting to fill it. Setting some Blumats so expecting some better growth.

5 Likes

Looking great my friend :blush:!
No big deal putting them all together. Just build out a mother, take cuttings and share. Might take you longer to get medicine but like they say, good things come to those who wait :green_heart:

2 Likes

Ok, they like the Blumats. Let’s see if I can get them dial them in some.

This poor cutting on the left doesn’t want to take off like the others. Starting to worry me a bit.

Even the far right one is catching up to the center monster.

I dropped some more cover seed too. I don’t care for these taller plants, maybe a clover only mix next time.

I had planned some LEDs and flower beds soon here but the engine in my van blew so… maybe later. This is going ok in here for now!

3 Likes

They’re looking great so far. No worries if that one is stunted at least you have another.
The cover crop shouldn’t be that tall if I’m not mistaken. I’d mulch it if that’s the case :green_heart:

1 Like

I don’t know how long it should be; but yes, chop and drop when it’s too tall. I try pressing it down so the clones get an advantage without chopping the cover but I’m about ready to. I plan to police it around 12“ max.

2 Likes

I got behind again and they got into the lights a bit, nice vigorous growth from the two. The one isn’t so much, I theorize maybe because it’s at the end of the water line. A loop would be recommended but I just opened the Blumats at that end a bit more and we’ll see.

4 Likes

No pictures, been forgetting my phone when I water. Finally time to take some cuttings, have 16 hopefully rooting in some coco. Still going, even if I’m not giving her too much love.

1 Like

Ok, got in for some pictures.

Clone one the far left is still the smallest, if you can tell, so I’ve decided in the future a loop for the Blumats may be better or maybe these clones will never truly level out. It’s filling out the tent nicely regardless and they are melding at this point.

I’ve also decided I should probably feed these ladies- suggestions? I have a good amount of bone meal, some oyster flour, kelp meal, crustacean meal and gypsum left. Not sure on how much to give.

3 Likes

I’d suggest a scrog and flip soon. They do an incredible stretch the first 3 weeks of flower

They look very healthy :green_heart:

1 Like

Everything looks great dont feel bad about the picture thing in horrible at taking pics and staying on top of my grow logs. I really try but I’m so busy lately anyway I really dig the beds I still haven’t finished mine. I was thinking about using the beds from Somas book which are basically big homemade sips containers. The ladies are looking great good luck with them cuttings and have a great day

Bliss

1 Like

Cuttings are also suffering from my mental state; they could’ve done with some rooting in the aero cloner before the coco. Some look like they might not make it. That’s why we do extra right?

Go for the SIPS, I like my bed a lot better with the watering taken care of. I’m considering it myself for outdoors next year.

1 Like

That coco looks waaaay to dry. Your medium should be constantly moist no matter what method you decide to use

1 Like

So it looks drier than it is- and I did water after.

But maybe I’m not giving them enough water. I’ve been going gingerly to avoid damping off. The coco is moist to the touch, but I’d really have to squeeze it to get the water out. That sound too dry?

1 Like

I’ve never used coco. But I know it dries out fast and not too many people use it for cloning for that reason. I’ve used soil successfully and it has to stay moist, no dry back at all. I wouldn’t worry about damping off. That’s part of the game. It happens in aerocloners as well.
Moist rock wool cubes or root riot cubes have given me the best success under a dome for 10-14 days with very little light.

But the key is moisture and humidity. :wink:

1 Like

I went back last night and soaked the pots with the mister until runoff, this morning everyone is happy. So yes! I was a bit dry. I’ll go by weight now rather than feel, as with these pots at least dry is 1/2 the weight.

1 Like

Ok, ok, anxious as ever I thought on this. I went and snagged 8 more clones and popped them in the aero cloner. Just in case, because I know that works.

I’ll build a scrog net this weekend for her, but I think I decided not to flower these; there is no height. So mother tent it is. Will go for probably high plant count fun with all the clones I pull off her, including some experiments with other grow styles to see if I can improve my skills a bit. Having a baseline to work from will be good.

1 Like