Kronnkk's New Groove

Fine, dolomite lime….

Add a photo to the original post @blowdout2269

I see you added a photo. Why not the whole plant? Don’t be shy! :stuck_out_tongue:
I’d probably let it ride. But idk how you feel about that. So if you must do something, I’d do it small and simple. Maybe one tbsp Epsom salt per gallon of water at next watering. Don’t give the whole gallon though! The soil looks wet and compressed already. Is there any perilite in it?

1 Like

No perlite, 100% peat moss. The compression is due to the soil flushing I did; speaking of, I let it drain for a day or two into a trash can that the pot happened to fit into lol

Here’s some more photos!

1 Like

The light is new and basically the cheapest thing I could find… I know it’s janky to use amazon chinesium but I’m trying to keep the spending low.

1 Like

Welcome to OG!

IMO you should let it ride for a for a while before making any more changes. It can take time for the plant to show results from your last action. Really doesnt look bad. Take it easy on the water, with peat only in the mix the drainage could be problematic, let it dry between watering.

I’ve had success with cheap lights.

3 Likes

I get where you’re coming form with the drainage; it holds water like a mf-er. I’ve since read that people tend to use peat as an additive and not as the sole medium–hopefully just careful watering (not too much) and pH monitoring will keep it growing steady. I haven’t done anything since drainage a couple of days ago and I’m currently letting it ride. Feels good to know cheap lights can actually be effective.

Please don’t “overthink” things. I see a Little tip burn, but otherwise plant looks good. The biggest mistakes I see new growers doing is changing a lot of things at once, because something doesn’t look right and chasing. Make small changes, document, make another small change, document, otherwise you’ll never know of what you did is doing any good. @Mrgreenthumb hit it, get a feel for the weight of your pot for watering. What I did many many moons ago, was took an extra pot with just medium, and used that as my gauge. When my plant pot felt close to the weight of my control pot, water time.
Worrying about runoff PH is something I’ve never worried about, just PH going in, otherwise, you’re chasing again.

This is last years run at 5 weeks old, and pretty much didn’t do anything but water and nutes. Spot checked water PH probably 5 times, not every time and it was within range every time.
Keep it simple, don’t stress, plants can take a lot of “abuse” and still come out great. @blowdout2269 also hit it, take a breath and LITFA, it’s growing, let it do it’s thing. Also, letting your water sit, preferably with an air stone if it’s on city water is also good advice to get rid of the chlorine.
You’ll do just fine if you don’t let paranoia get the best of you.

5 Likes

@Kronnkk is growing in straight peat, a completely inert medium. Don’t you grown in soil? Full disclosure, I have little to zero experience with coco/peat. From what I’ve read, peat moss can be acidic and also prefers the hydro range of water/nutrients. Yellowing(not sure how much you have, cuz the pics are all purple lol) can also be a result of over/under watering or root issues.
This is not my grow, and I would never grow in peat. We’re just trying to help this guy the best we can for the situation he’s in.
Didn’t really understand this comment:

I think that was my first post here? Lol
:v::crazy_face::+1:

3 Likes

I grow in cheap $13 a bale ProMix from Menards which is peat, switched from the hydro store $38 a bale ProMix years ago, same stuff, less expensive.
The comment was because you were completely correct.

2 Likes

Those little plants in my previous

post, turned into trees, also grown in cheap Menards ProMix.

2 Likes

Yellowing is limited mainly to bottom 2 leaves but it might be slowly creeping upward. Moved the light to about 24" above canopy yesterday… realized it was way too low and obviously could have been an issue. Otherwise I’m giving it the LITFA treatment and I think that’s how I’ll keep going until it looks haggard. Upper leaves all look pretty good.

2 Likes

That plant looks healthy. To young to worry about that little yellow on the bottom. Just let it be. Make sure that the pot has time to dry out between waterings. :+1:

1 Like

Will do! Thanks for the help.

Yellowing appears to have stopped spreading and now more browning has set in; not concerned.

Does this look tall enough/developed enough to do the first topping? I count six nodes but #5 and #6 are pretty small.

9 Likes

it depends how many tops you want really. in my experience, the bottom branches(where the single leaflets are) dont count. they need to be cut off almost always. if your good at topping and not fiming. i see 4 nodes, thats 8 branches after removing the bottom 2 which will end up being lanky and not worth anything.

5 Likes

Good to know; I didn’t know you don’t really count the first two leaves… There’s a hidden tiny pair on top but they’re not really worth mentioning.

2 Likes

for sure thats why i mentioned topping and not fiming. once you get up into the tiny nodes its hard to actually cut between nodes and then your more like fiming. how much space are you trying to work with. thats what you should really be concerned with. if its a 2x2 i would top very soon.

2 Likes