Kronnkk's New Groove

Thanks guys @Weednerd.Anthony @Slammedsonoma420 @BeagleZ I highly appreciate :muscle:

3 Likes

Ohhhh yeah, OG spirit is alive and well today :blush:

4 Likes

I like indicas and hybrids! Sativas can be too anxiety producing for me (depending on potency). Varied flavors are neat too.

4 Likes

At least that’s what I know based on imperfect experience; it’s newly legal here so you never really knew what you were getting lol

2 Likes

Awesome sounds like you are taken care of with some seeds. Honestly I researched topping like crazy but never really figured it out till about my 3rd or 4th topping haha. Learning by doing I guess.

2 Likes

Way to early to top or bend bromigo…

2 Likes

Alright, so. . … here’s my opinion as it pertains to topping. . … DO IT EARLY :metal:

The one in this pic is maybe 15-18 days old and i topped it already. Couple reasons; the plant is growing nicely and I can tell it can handle the stress, also topping early gives your main stalk a nice low profile V- or U-shape it the pot. This is an especially great method for people who keep their plants short when they flower

5 Likes

My plant is at least 4 weeks old now, just not very impressive; when I have time I was thinking of bending above the first true node as was suggested and see what that does… I feel like it would be harder to screw up and mess up the plant

4 Likes

I’ve gone and done it. Don’t mind my ghetto-ass pencils-and-floss holding down the stem.

5 Likes

Bad news: I woke up this morning and the plant escaped its binding. I thought it was no biggie and went to re-bend it. Big mistake. The stem snapped on me :cry:.

I have it bent back into place in case it feels like healing, but since I did it above just the 1st node, I’m afraid it may not recover.

Edit: At LemonadeJoe’s request, I’ve gone and merged some threads and now it’s essentially a grow diary.

3 Likes

Aw damn… if you pinch the stem before bending that helps.
Guess you topped her after all :crazy_face:

Give it a day or 2, it is a weed after all, it’ll bounce back, I have faith

I would tie it down closer to the top of the plant, will keep it contained more. For future reference

1 Like

:pray:

If she doesn’t I’ll wait until some of the kind OGers’ seeds come in try running one. Still kind of a bad way to start the morning.
@BeagleZ

2 Likes

It’s all learning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Today is a new day with more challenges for my poor plant. I woke up again to find it bent over, again, but it finally detached at the stem’s bend. I didn’t hesitate to try potting the broken upper limb with a little rooting hormone in case it can make it. Best case scenario: 2 plants!

3 Likes

Keeping the plant short will def be important going into the future.

Just caught up with y’all after a hectic few days!
Ok yeah, I’m with these guys! Why you growing bag seed if u don’t have to? Shoot me a message sometime and I’ll see if I got something I can send your way. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll also link a couple great tutorials about topping, FIM-ing and LST from another very resourceful site here:

:+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the links!

Cannabis Low Stress Training (LST) Tutorial | Grow Weed Easy
Don’t use string or anything sharp to tie down plants for LST!

Lesson learned; these buggers are surprisingly resourceful and smart and easily escaped my floss trap. I have intermittent access to a 3D printer so I might print some clips when I can, but if I can’t I’ll get some U bolts.

It’s trying hard to push out growth tips now, so maybe things will turn out okay.

I’ll shoot you a DM about seeds :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is exactly what went through my head when I seen your floss lol.
I use a stiff solid core 12g wire to make stakes. And plant tie wire when need. Like this.

4 Likes

Wire is probably better than U-bolts; I’ll have to add some to the grocery order this week.

Get ya a roll of this plant tie wire and u can tie down to the pot with holes or binder clips.

4 Likes