Kronnkk's New Groove

@Slammedsonoma420 and @Weednerd.Anthony both of your packs have landed safely! Thanks for helping a seedless brother out! I can’t wait to start the Anthony’s Fermented Fruit and Slammedsonoma’s goldca$gold x golden triangle. My seed pool is already growing so fast!

Seriously guys, I can’t say it enough,

thanks.

P.S. Slammedsonoma’s seeds have already hit the fridge for now which is why they aren’t pictured. Gotta be kind to your beans.

3 Likes

Alright, it’s been a few days and I’m itching to share!

As you can see, the lower is good as new! I took the time this morning to rip up some wire for LST. The mite bites are definitely visible but they’re happening less often. I think Tuesday or Wednesday was pretty awful.

Here’s the upper/clone. Not doing well at all, but not completely dead, it think.

2 Likes

Looking good…I think!:crazy_face:
It’s so hard to see with those purple lights buddy.
Try taking a pic with flash when the lights are off(not during their dark period of course). :+1:

:v::heart:

1 Like

Haha forgot to at least turn my flash on! I’m so used to just staring at the blurple now the thought didn’t even cross my mind lol

Nice! Glad she’s bouncing back!

2 Likes

Okay I have wonderful news. I poured about a cup of water into the upper/clone’s container last night and woke up to this:

The leaves have rigidity, and any wrinkling there was appears to have resolved! Every time I kind of give up on it, it bounces back further! It’s AAAAALIIIIVEEEE!

The lower bits are good too:

Color is good (yeah, it’s blurple, but at least there’s flash this time), leaf development was fast and if you look closely, some of the leaves have off shapes and missing points. Weird, but I’ll take it.

:peace_symbol: :v:

4 Likes

Today’s update:

Top clone might actually pull through!!

Original plant is looking healthy and taking to the LST quite well!

Thanks everybody for the suggestions and for helping the first timer though everything! Love you all! (I’ve been drinking lol don’t mind me)

4 Likes

Good morning OG! I’ve got a couple of updates for ya!

LST is doing it job amazingly! Those horizontal stems are ridiculously thick and juicy. Thicker than the main stem, even! My wire setup is a bit janky and it’s choking up a bit on the leaves; let me know if y’all think that’s a problem. I’m hesitant to free them because they immediately start blocking light from the growth tips closer in. Maybe a small trim? Advice welcome.

As for the clone…

Those bottom leaves are done for, but the plant has come a long way. Hell, it’s standing up and the leaves are holding pressure. Pretty soon it’s going to need a new container… I might have a Pringle’s can for it if I commit to a heavy lunch lol

The room is staring to smell powdery-sweet with a planty, earthy smell. Absolutely divine.

Thanks for the read! :peace_symbol::v:

2 Likes

Great news! Happy to see progress.

I would put the wire a bit lower on the branch personally, about here…

yeah, those leaves are toast, get rid of them and if it were me id get rid of the next set too…

my .02 for the day

Good Vibes :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Adjustments have been made! Thanks for the input :peace_symbol: Good vibes back at ya!

1 Like

To many late night likes. I’m on a timer ban, lol.
So here ya go! :heart:
And I also agree with @BeagleZ .
This is A+ advice! :heart:

:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

I can’t say much if anything interesting has happened since the last update, but here are a couple things I’ve noticed;

Here’s the current state of the top clone:

There are signs of growth at node locations but there’s little indication anywhere else. I can’t really tell if it’s gotten any taller, and the leaves at the tip are nearly the same as they were, just maybe thicker. They’re quite leathery. The tips of just about all leaves are yellowing, which you can see a little bit in the picture. I’m not really sure why, but I’m hoping it doesn’t spread.

The mother is loving life:

Those bent stems are probably thicker than the main stem now… hopefully that doesn’t become a problem. Some of the lower leaves are in poor shape, namely the first pair of leaves. The next set up have potential burning at the tips.

So far so good!

2 Likes

Late Thursday update:

The mother is healthy and looking good, lots of new foliage and a fair amount of zesty lemon scent rubs off on my fingers when I touch it. I’ve moved the tie down points up a set of nodes and she’s groovin!

The clone is alive and growing. I wasn’t so sure so I took a look at the first picture I took and compared and, well, the difference is quite noticeable. Leaves have gotten longer, droop has improved, stem has straightened more, etc. It hasn’t gotten much taller as far as I can tell, but we’ll see. Also the leaves seem a bit stunted and skinny for their length (look strangely sativa-like more so than the mother). I think I’ll stick it in a pringles can soon (probably next week) so the roots have a little more room. I can’t believe it’s actually kind of okay.

New update!

In the last 30 minutes I repotted the clone like I said I would and brother, it was rooted rooted strongly. I figured it had rooted since it seemed to be perky and it was growing again, but I did not expect it to be as healthy looking as it was. Here it is all snug as a bug.

The mother plant keeps chugging along. I decided the pot was pretty light so I added ~2 cups RO water.

I do have to wonder when I’ll start seeing obvious sex signs. I think this is maybe week 7?

4 Likes

It will let you know in due time. Depends on the strain. Some for me last year were 3 weeks, and some I had to force flower. Patience is the key. Hope it’s a female as you’ve only got 1 plant going. :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Ready, set, grow! It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update (I was meaning to but I got caught up on a project) so here it goes. The plants are doing fantastically! Crazy growth all around, and LST has been highly successful. Here are some blurple picks. Yeah, I know, I forgot flash again… but that’s all I could do for now. :v:

Just look at ‘em. Ain’t they precious?

3 Likes

Alrighty, I know it’s been a minute since the last update and updates have been getting further apart but life happens. I’m all good, just really busy.

I’m now at a stage with the grow where I need to be more concerned about smell mitigation; I’m starting to get more skunky funk behind the limey aroma and I’m not trying to turn any heads or attract wandering… noses…

If anyone has some absolute poverty-level smell mitigation techniques do me a solid and drop ‘em here.

Anyway, expect an update or two in the near future!

:v::peace_symbol:

1 Like

Have thought about ozone?
Do your research before using it.

1 Like

I haven’t considered it but I’ll probably steer clear because I’m constantly near the plant. Thanks though :peace_symbol::v:

Here’s an update for anyone watching:

The clone in all it’s glory:

Significant healthy growth, beating the odds. I can’t believe it’s come this far.

The mother:

It’s very busy and much wider than it’s pot now. Lots of small colas are popping out and I’ve been tying them down as they grow.

I’m still not sure what gender I’m working with yet but I don’t see any obvious balls… here’s an up skirt shot for reference.

5 Likes