Landrace Expansion & Trade

Thank you, found some good info.

4 Likes

Love seeing others who feel this way too. The vasodilation / heart rate increase / loss of control from some indicas is what gives me panic attacks. Sativas are all just smiles

4 Likes

@oldhippy Oh wow that sounds really neat. I’m out on the east coast in CT but I hope someone on here who’s near you takes you up on that!

4 Likes

holy mother sativa… do i need to search experts to help sprouth the Viets… I smoked it one time and as you see its all thats in my head. Mine as unforgettable. LOL

• i ill organize some tutorials if needed in sprouting old beans. i mean if im allowed. Plus i have other vietnamese incase you dont find males (male-count can be lo in Thai stuf) .

wait i Privatemessage you , omg

7 Likes

Did not get a message if you pm.d me

5 Likes

Welcome bro. Since you just joined, you have to wait a small bit before you’re allowed to message others. Just give likes, make comments, and visit and do that in multiple threads, and you’ll have normal privileges pretty quick. Also visit the introduce yourself thread, to let peeps know you just joined.

Lots of stuff to read and visit. Hope you enjoy it here. We have every age group and lots of us older types. peace

3 Likes

No stress anyway, i was still at making Coffe Stage.

From wich exact Region was this Strain if i may ask?

I would love to hear a bit about it, if someone reproduces it, in worst case with my viet-males there will be bright future-. Vietnamese is so bright carefree , almost happy. A trait thats rare in modern Strains.

Would be so cool if some of it is around

4 Likes

Good luck on your project - keep us posted !!!

some crak old seed by putting them in a pill bottle and just shake them for about a minute and can even line pill bottle with 120 grade sandpaper (seed scraper) this can help withold seeds . also smoe “scrape” them on a emery board

I got the strain, so loaded with THCV that it’s offspring bred to Gorilla Girl was still a workout weed. Yes the offspring(Super Diesel) smelled like GG#4 but shot you to the moon. THCV is nice stuff until you take it everyday and then you desire a Indica at times.

1 Like

I could be persuaded by some Old School Indica. I’m trying to get reputable regular seed Indica’s for my collection. As my trading has brought me around the world but the Thai attracts Sativa people, and they trade Sativa. And I’m only going to grow a few other Sativa’s, ever. I have the Best Sativa in the World. But I want to grow Dr.Grinspoon and some Mexican Sativa for the fun of it once. Jack Herer is my third favorite Sativa after my two strains. I have seeds that will rot in my war chest. I’m also working with a red slice of GSC that is pure depth of terps! It’s literally the best smoke I’ve ever had. I’ve been busy back crossing it because I had only one female from the few little seeds I had. And I didn’t save anything else and boom, I flowered a clone and couldn’t believe my eyes(and bong). I’m on my second back cross with a Super Diesel Cousin. Pictured below is the Red Mom Line. BTW it’s has no intersex traits like a landrace or F8.

12 Likes

looks like you garden is full !!! your work is cut-out for you at harvest

That picture was a few weeks ago. Now I have to smoke the evidence.

4 Likes

I now soak all my seeds in those little glass vials. I quarter fill and add seeds and I shake them violently for 30 seconds or so. Then let them soak for 12 hours. Same basic thing as you.

1 Like

Sounds like you have some valuable seeds. I’m only a hobby breeder but a quality seed breeder should swoop them up. I would give you 25 Fems for them. If they sprouted I would clone and breed them. I have one Thai strain right now.

3 Likes

Update to earlier post. I had called my friend that I got these from and wrote down the info of when and where they came from. It was the latter part of 1972 He was at Donghae, Gangwon-do, South Korea resupply base on the coast by the Chobiats river (how he pronounced it I did not find it on map). He had filled a hard Camel cigarette pack and shipped it home to his grandmother who put them in a plastic bag and into her freezer. There they stayed until after she died and my friend did not find them until the freezer quit and the smell made him empty it where he found the seeds 35 to 40 yrs later. I had given my brother some seed and he had quite a few sprout. some died as seedlings and more than half were male. The females he harvested finished a month before a half dozen other strains he grew. An airy type of bud like most sativas, not very strong type of a head high that had gotten pollinated late in bud so had a lot of tiny underdeveloped seed. I had smoked a couple joints before making oil with alcohol. The oil has more of a reddish tint than my usual gold brown and not bad for quality. Well that is all the info I can give you except I sorted out all the positively non viable ones and sending pictures of what remains. I need to study best way to ship as I have had a ten year sentence for making hash long ago. But can trade for any that might do well in the pacific northwest climate. I have a friend looking for the old skunk weed. Myself I am easy and like variety. I prefer femmed seeds as I am allowed only four by law.

13 Likes

Sorry this is all over the place. A better way to make your own fem seeds, saw your video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyJ6xqi7sp4 I am a one finger typer so I cut and paste from some other messages. If intersted in some 72 Viet namh seeds get back to me I have some seeds brought back from the Viet Namh war. my brother got a few to sprout. They finished a month before everything else he grew. A sativa. still have quite a few originals. My friend did 2 tours, said they were crawling under the plants with seeds raining down on them. he grabbed some shipped them to his grandma and they stayed some years in the freezer. Should be landrace. Decent smoke but not as good as todays. I had called my friend that I got these from and wrote down the info of when and where they came from. It was the latter part of 1972 He was at Donghae, Gangwon-do, South Korea resupply base on the coast by the Chobiats river (how he pronounced it I did not find it on map). He had filled a hard Camel cigarette pack and shipped it home to his grandmother who put them in a plastic bag and into her freezer. There they stayed until after she died and my friend did not find them until the freezer quit and the smell made him empty it where he found the seeds 35 to 40 yrs later. He had let me grow on his property and told me about them.I said I would try to start some but lost my whole crop on account of some Safer’s insecticidal soap with added Pyrethrin. I had used the safers before without pyrethrins with no problem and used pyrethrins when I had a job as an Exterminator. I had used it on the whole garden, It had cabbages, peppers, radishes, garlic and a few others. All in one greenhouse. I sprayed the whole thing and it killed five different strains of pot and damaged a couple varieties of pepper. This was in three days till next I came. Restarted with cuttings and no seed. but had given my brother some seed and he had quite a few sprout. some died as seedlings and more than half were male. The females he harvested finished a month before a half dozen other strains he grew. An airy type of bud like most sativas, not very strong type of a head high that had gotten pollinated late in bud so had a lot of tiny underdeveloped seed. I had smoked a couple joints before making oil with alcohol. The oil has more of a reddish tint than my usual gold brown and not bad for quality. Well that is all the info I can give you except I sorted out all the positively non viable ones and sending pictures of what remains. I need to study best way to ship as I have had a ten year sentence for making hash long ago. But can trade for any that might do well in the pacific northwest climate. I have a friend looking for the old skunk weed. Myself I am easy and like variety. I prefer femmed seeds as I am allowed only four by law.

into pot since the eight dollar lid. I have been experimenting with ultrasound, nanoparticles, colloidal silver and liposomes. While preparing soil for a mushroom grow, I left some grain in water too long. It Sprouted so I figured to brew some alcohol for tinctures I made a mash. Ran it through my ultrasound to extract it quicker, Strained off the grain then put it through my ultrasound again. My thoughts were to reduce the size of the yeast’s food for easier consumption. Just a grain, sugar and high yield yeast brew. When I introduced the yeast filled the bubbler and snapped the lid of the bucket down my bubbler was banging rapid fire so I knew the yeast loved it. A minute later it stopped. The lid was not sealed. I resealed it and it again popped the seal right away. A seal that took a mallet to get on. I tried a new bubbler, no change. So I increased airflow to max on a bubbler with a knife. Still no go. I had to duct tape the lid withHigh strength duct tape. The sides top and bottom swelled up and really figured it to blow up from the pressure. The bubbler sounding like a crazed woodpecker. This lasted three days. Took a short video of it… Tried showing a couple brewers, They were not interested in new ideas. I want to to do this to my worm casting tea for foliar and soil application. It should increase leaf absorption while decreasing the plants energy output to break it down. Win Win. For soils Lacking microbial life easier uptake. And if the yeast was any indication the microbes are gonna love it. Wish I had a hydro setup to try it on. Anybody near portland oregon? I have used it on my home extracts for edibles and experienced 20 to 30 minute onset instead of the usual hour. Useful in topicals also. I tried it with my 60 ppm colloidal silver and my particle count decreased Below its detectable range? So I shined my laser through it and took a phone pic. When I expanded the pic it showed a solid looking pink beam with none of the white light glitter of the bigger particles I usually see. Read that particles below 10 nanometers might cause problems so take caution and do any of this at your own risk. Made a poor mans patent. Worthless I know. Its just I hate to see this monetized by big business. Haate what they are doing to the friendliest of plants. Diversity stripped and regimented in rows, and plastic containers, Damn I hate those. Anybody with indoor if you give this a try I would love to hear results Ultrasounds I used are 40 khz 60watts parts cleaners… Buy any of the cheaper units and you will need to increase their air flow as they will overheat and break down. Planned obsolescence. I hate typing so probably will not. answer many questions Anything in depth send me a number to call in pm. If in Pacific NW we can sample wares and exchange notes. Love the site so far. Don’t know if anyone has mentioned cannabinoids being produced by modified yeast. Sent a canadian company doing this some info, so far no reply. Always remember weed will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you through times of no weed. some of my outdoor and the Viet Namh seed

23 Likes

@Soiltech you might be interested in these

2 Likes

Any seeds with such a story are my jam for sure.

@oldhippy sounds like something interesting - but couldn’t figure out exactly what you discovered. Is it a group of aggressive micros? Sounds interesting for sure.

2 Likes

Wow! Wild stuff. You’re one interesting dude. Happy Growing

3 Likes