Landrace Expansion & Trade

Man, I’ve got 10 Lemints I’d trade you. PM me if you’re interested. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

2 Likes

Los sientos amigo…I got nothing to swap…wold love to say I do…but nada…

11 Likes

Same thing with mine from Nick. Got them in september, postmarked 6 months and change earlier. Maybe they sit in a warehouse for 6 months before shipping? Hope they show. Dont give up yet.

2 Likes

Purple Dashti? Saw that on IG. How’s your humidity where you are at harvest time and the month before it? These landraces are extremely hardy, but have little or no moisture resistance in my experience. You may have to keep water off of them to get a harvest, or even use a dehumidifier in a greenhouse. Good luck to you. It can be done.

I’ve wondered too. Their method of farming cannabis is sustainable, unlike much Western growing. Our yields are much higher, but i wonder if we could have ended up with the same type of genetics( size, yield) without breeding for nutrient uptake. Looking at some massive landrace plant pictures, I have to believe we could.

5 Likes

Hey thanks for that “gram” of hope! I honestly gave up on them. I figure if it’s meant to be it’s meant to be. I’m goin on 7 months. Looks grim but whatever happens happens. Never been so disappointed like this before, perhaps it was because of waiting on nothing and no communication to give a heads up. All in all, wouldn’t do business again. Just my 2 cents. But I wish you happy growing in the 2021 season!!! And an Optimistic year!! Be well and safe!!

2 Likes

It’s too bad about the prices of the indian landrace exchange seeds and afghan selections etc. Would cost thousands of dollars to get all their current offerings and keep adding more. As much as I want some of them I honestly think the 60-100 dollar+ a pack is a little steep. Especially for shit that supposedly needs to be preserved. I mostly have seen seed makers using these

I get the demand is probably sky high since landrace popularity has grown like crazy over the past few years but leaves them outta reach for a lot of people unfortunately.

6 Likes

Check out The Freaker’s list my friend. They will cost you nothing if you want to reproduce them. I agree. I think the price of landrace seeds is partly to blame for their scarcity. I don’t mind paying for them, but a hundred or even $200 for a 10 pack is way too much.

9 Likes

€100 for 10 regular at ace seeds.

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/new-strains/purpledashtregularseeds.html

2 Likes

I agree , and where I am , the warning you gave about about humidity has put me off…there’s two seasons (Equitorial) here…the wet and the dry…,so they…would need to be grown in the dry season.and in the greenhouse, even then the weather can change.

Thanks for your input.

1 Like

Kwikseeds.com for landrace from RSC

2 Likes

The packs really don’t have a ‘preservation feel’ at those prices. Hopefully, the landrace/heirloom seed landscape starts looking more promising once covid restrictions are eased, since more people are getting interested in collecting seeds. They’ll face competition eventually, and since their model is business first, they’ll have to lower their prices accordingly to stay competitive. One of the supreme ironies is that by pricing seeds so high, they are inviting competition since the margins are so high and the potential market so robust–opportunists can’t resist. There is no way the $100+ seed pack landrace model survives, though covid will probably help it limp along a while longer.

3 Likes

People are marking up there prices as a reseller, I have the North Indian redstem and the eastern Manipur Burma and paid $70 for 30 seeds, I also am waiting for a order of the lolab valley Kashmir at the same price. It’s hard to get there gear directly and when you do it takes for ever because it gets mailed out of India.
There are quite a few people getting ready to start peddling there gear mostly threw Instagram links and then direct email.

6 Likes

Got my Congolese from RSC, so excited for these beans :mage:‍♂ Really interested in the Kumaoni as well, and the Afghan mix will be added to my other 30 or so I have already. The stealth packaging was pretty neat too.

16 Likes

I have a ton of seeds I ordered from the Brazilian Seed Company before they stopped selling through the website. Basically his whole old catalogue. All the Columbians (black, red, gold) Brazillian Green, Mota Mortal ect. It was like 10 different types. I put in a huge order a long time ago. Everything he had that was landrace. I feel bad for neglecting them and just leaving them in my fridge. If anyone is motivated to resurrect these let me know. Let’s collaborate.

13 Likes

By any chance are you getting them from Fullpower Selections?

3 Likes

Yes sir and I think it’s now $100 per pack 25-30 every one ive got.

4 Likes

That’s awesome I talked with him but decided not to order because he was already getting most stuff seized , don’t remember what I wanted but he had some rare ones for sure.

1 Like

Keeping up the hunt , just the most recent moment of weakness in the seed addiction.

14 Likes

How do I get in touch with him? What platform did you use, strainly?

I bought $150 worth of Pulwama seeds off him, and after six attempts, not one single seed had germinated.

I contacted him, told him and offered to pay for a replacement if he would guarantee germination.
He’s not replied to me on Strainly, or Instagram, since then.

5 Likes