Landrace preservation and hybrids project

Welcome @Ras sounds like you’ll fit right in here. Definitely be keeping my eyes out for these gems.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! tbh I’ve been here a short time but I felt a nice welcome!! one of the best communities I’ve seen! I was tired of people looking me weir for growing ruderalis :joy:

3 Likes

2 females, 1 male, Have not tried it. Moved a male and a female to flower under 2 weeks ago, 10 days not sure… My only camera is my webcam took a pic of the male yesterday.

That don’t freak when the plant looks down advice seems almost catered cus I (will/would) have freaked. I am freaking now I overwatered recently 3 plants. started reading about pruning roots, I have never done that. I cranked up the thermostat overnight when the light was off and moved them from grow bags to fabric pots but trimming roots has me worried. Guess either way I will be doing it on the Kamaoni. Good to know. Thanks.

As I promised here are some photos of the grow:

This is the original mother I have from durban poison, as a test I set her outside on the end of january, which may sound crazy but that was the deal to test the resistance to mold and temperatures of 0 to -5ºC
Here’s another pic close up to the buds, which to my surprise had pink hairs!

Due to the hardy conditions it had, I didnt got much to smoke but hey, no mold, and most important no dead plant.
Also another important thing to know is that I let nature do its thing, literally since january I may have watered her once, being rain the watering source.
Ps.: the pot is 5L

5 Likes

As a second opinion, I wouldn’t root prune. Plants can be very happy in small pots as long as you can dial in food and water.

I’d say transplanting into something a little bigger might be your better option.

:+1:

4 Likes

Here I have some of the ruderalis I currently have

First pic is a 10L textile pot where I placed 3 of them, we’ll see how it goes.
The second and third pic is one of the first batch, I grew it a little bit indoors and then it went outdoors to my veggie patch, its doing very well, and it seems that they dont give a shit about changing pots(apparently, currently im doing tests on different sizes of pots to compare results)

And last photo I have of these seeds is this male, which is one of the 2 that came out of the first batch, these will pollinate the autos and also the ruderalis, as I want some genetic diversity to test this strain and get it to its full potential

5 Likes

And last but not least, the first two photos is a test run of the ketama, and the last one its a cloud walker(punto rojo x mendo breath) which I’m going to try and cross with some landrace sativa as I did the same test I did to the durban with the same results but buds a lil bit bigger

7 Likes

Wow! beautiful plant man!!, yeah the dont freak thing is something people got to learn, I’ve seen so many people(myself even) throw away plants because they’ve been 3 days with the leaves down :joy:

2 Likes

Well, thats for sure, currently im doing auto runs on 2L so I can assure that, but its also true that if it develops good roots it can be more problematic to keep her on the same pot ime, and you can either prune and reuse the same container(great for mums or if you dont have more pots available), or place it on a bigger pot, this is in case you are doing long veg times, normally for bud grows you dont need it, but ime if you veg a plant for 1-1,5 months in 1-2L it will start to ask for a bigger pot

I don’t keep mothers but I think you have a point there.

I routinely veg 6 weeks in 1L containers and usually transplant them but if I felt like feeding them 3 times a day I wouldn’t have too :joy::+1:

:joy: thats also a thing, also do you use organic feeding or mineral? Because that is important also, microorganisms also need some space :joy:, in the end you need to see your situation and act as you need, also de climate is too a factor different climates affect how much roots the plant makes, too many things that play important roles in this field

1 Like

My feed is “organic and natural” whatever that means.

But they want autos to grow. How do they think they are made??
:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Then it’s good! :joy:

Exactly!, they maybe think they come from a rock or smth :joy:

1 Like

Did both pruned and transplanted. Might chuck em, I have clones of every plant anyways and I rather breed the plants that had zero problems growing up rather not the disfunction and abuse show up generations later.

2 Likes

Tell us how it goes!! I pruned the roots of 2 girls 2 days ago, and I can tell you if you do it good the plants wont even notice it! My technique is to get the root ball, and with a knife cut a little bit surrounding the roots, then twist and get that piece out, and when refilling y use a little bit of that soil of the cutted rootball as a microlife starter for the new soil, so it gets populates quicker

2 Likes

FYI Dr.GreenThumbs - Panama Red (refermans panma red x panama sativa) along with Ace are two of the best !! can’t re-call right of hand what refersman panama red is but it seemed “truer” than ace’s

crossed and auto kush with China Yeman (Ace) got some very interesting crosses - an’t than some crazy stuff !!!

I took em out 45 min ago, and had them reburied in new pots. I have enough Blu, and Blu Afg and Blu Friese and pollen in the fridge and clones of the female and males so I am pretty well covered without the contribution of the seeds from those plants. one was shot, brown roots all the way in, another half and half, white and brown roots, could have made it back but it was just a fem blu with not much Cyrstal or smell from MLSN. never even investigated the 3rd I made my decision, the other plants are healthy completely so I am good.