Landrace strains - general thread

NO problem - totally understand - it’s great that OverGrow has members like you not to singe you out but thanks again to all other members that share "their"genetics . Peace

1 Like

Never thought I’d see one still in active service. Very iconic and a favorite of mine. I will never part with her in spite of one exploding bulb. That led to my conversion to LED lighting and a 4x4 tent. I also got my first infestation of fungus gnats from using sphagnum moss indoors. All of it taught me a lot. I toyed with upgrading with the T5’s but I just use her now for my cloning bucket or young cuttings. My original Feed A Tron still works as well….

Awesome to see one still in active service. The flower looks very very nice as well

14 Likes

@PTron that thing is awesome, how old is she??

Unrelatedly, I’ve been checking out zomia seeds website and there’s lots of interesting stuff on there, can’t find many reviews from folks who’ve grown any of their seeds though… Anybody here on OG? Might have to pick up some in the future when funds are more readily available, for educational purposes if anything…

2 Likes

@upstate recommends Zomia as a good source if I’m remembering correctly.

2 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures right on… hopefully they chime in!

Yeah the website is really cool/interesting but when I searched them on overgrow I was surprised to not find much… it’s always nice when someone has a detailed review/experience with a company like this before taking the plunge in purchasing… Especially if you’re as broke as I am(and lots of others unfortunately, hopefully times begin to be more abundant for everyone!)

3 Likes

Here you go bromigo…

Phototrons…SWC/TRON

3 Likes

:handshake::boom:🫵
Thanks

1 Like

Likely 1978/79 I have all the original paperwork somewhere. I recently went into my high times archive and found this

Jeffrey Julian DeMarcos (?) was quite serious about cannabis……
The wording in this ad really cracked me up……:thinking:

10 Likes

download (1)

I want one, can’t argue with THOSE RESULTS

3 Likes

Texada Timewarp Cvault inspection after a 2 month cure and the smell is enough to make you drool :drooling_face:.Very very Texada aroma set at Mach 11.It’s melded into this Piney slightly Citrusy Very overpowering Berry like a black berry smell mixed with that pink grapey finish.Smoke is very pick you up by the booboo and go envigorating rush that melts into your body and brings a calm that brings on forsight on one’s day and the next.To think I almost lost you my love and now I have 4 more of you and I will be making into a seed form very soon.I will be crossing Her with some males I find out of this Texada Heirloom mix going through the beans of that solely concentrating on just males then taking those back to mom again.I will take those beans and do as massive of a sift I possibly can and find the shining examples of what that pool has and I will tinker with those for a very very long time.I love Texada Timewarp this one brings me right onward through the fog at the speed of plaid

21 Likes

Zomia has legit stuff. I have a bunch of their stuff, know the owner Brenden and am a patreon monthly supporter for his expeditions.

9 Likes

Looks great. Any kashmir in the lineage? Sure looks like it.

2 Likes

I keep being told that’s it’s a landrace out of Canada.Don’t know what was used to make it.Someone had suggested it was fished out of Mexican bird seed in the 70s.Don’t really know a lot of the makeup of what went into her.I’ve been holding the cut for three years.I haven’t found weed that smells like this one.Everyone always goes what is that ?when they see the purple and smell it

3 Likes

Pakistani or Kashmir. If its from Vancouver I’d say Kashmir. I remember reading frequently about that one. Good one.

4 Likes

From what I was told it’s definitely from Canada.Texada has a couple different phenos I’m seeing.Some of them finish faster almost 3 weeks faster mine is one of them.Is it possible for a landrace to become acclimated to a region and finish a little faster because of different climates?This one came from a guy from South Carolina that had it.When I got it it was a taller skinnier leaf variety it’s morphology other than the purple and the smell have changed slightly it’s more fatter leaf now

3 Likes

I’ll give you guys a sneak peak of what I’m working on here on my Texada Timewarp Preservation project code name (Operation Hanger 18)first seedling and far upper left corner are beans found in the middle of a good huge bud that was on one of my last batches of Texada one was one of those white grey seeds I just said fuk it and grew anyway they will still pop folks.The Bigger one was a bean that was perfect I popped 3 weeks prior to the first one.The next seedlings are the heirloom as you can see I got a purple stem pheno in there like my big one with some chameleon green ones.All these look more thin leaf drug type to me more willowy and not as bushy as mine.All the cuttings coming back from reveg and are in full veg and with some thinning of old crunked up leaves will be most excellent the cuttings were from a last ditch desperation of getting cuts during the 3 rd week of flower because my clonex was expired and the cuts I took did not take .I almost lost this one.Hormex rooting powder #8 saved my ass

18 Likes

Wow…totally unique look

1 Like

Awesome, are you on strainly by chance? There’s a timewarp preservation vendor there who is really cool. Hoping to get some as well to grow this summer!

1 Like

Still trying to sift for males I got all females last time I have one that got pissy with the pot and has been doing this half ass flower thing I’m going to let my BOG Sour Bluetooth male pollinate that one with the female Twin embryo plant of the same seed.Going to try and make some BOGWarp ATM.Not on Strainley I go in there every now and then but really not on there

1 Like

Yunnan China, not Ace Seeds related

19 Likes