Landrace strains - general thread

Pakistani or Kashmir. If its from Vancouver I’d say Kashmir. I remember reading frequently about that one. Good one.

4 Likes

From what I was told it’s definitely from Canada.Texada has a couple different phenos I’m seeing.Some of them finish faster almost 3 weeks faster mine is one of them.Is it possible for a landrace to become acclimated to a region and finish a little faster because of different climates?This one came from a guy from South Carolina that had it.When I got it it was a taller skinnier leaf variety it’s morphology other than the purple and the smell have changed slightly it’s more fatter leaf now

3 Likes

I’ll give you guys a sneak peak of what I’m working on here on my Texada Timewarp Preservation project code name (Operation Hanger 18)first seedling and far upper left corner are beans found in the middle of a good huge bud that was on one of my last batches of Texada one was one of those white grey seeds I just said fuk it and grew anyway they will still pop folks.The Bigger one was a bean that was perfect I popped 3 weeks prior to the first one.The next seedlings are the heirloom as you can see I got a purple stem pheno in there like my big one with some chameleon green ones.All these look more thin leaf drug type to me more willowy and not as bushy as mine.All the cuttings coming back from reveg and are in full veg and with some thinning of old crunked up leaves will be most excellent the cuttings were from a last ditch desperation of getting cuts during the 3 rd week of flower because my clonex was expired and the cuts I took did not take .I almost lost this one.Hormex rooting powder #8 saved my ass

18 Likes

Wow…totally unique look

1 Like

Awesome, are you on strainly by chance? There’s a timewarp preservation vendor there who is really cool. Hoping to get some as well to grow this summer!

1 Like

Still trying to sift for males I got all females last time I have one that got pissy with the pot and has been doing this half ass flower thing I’m going to let my BOG Sour Bluetooth male pollinate that one with the female Twin embryo plant of the same seed.Going to try and make some BOGWarp ATM.Not on Strainley I go in there every now and then but really not on there

1 Like

Yunnan China, not Ace Seeds related

19 Likes

11 Likes

Looks absolutely delish!!

1 Like

For sure. Some kashmir flower in 6 weeks. They can be real fast. What changes most as a strain acclimate is the onset of flowering. The length of flower changes thru the grower or if necessary, mother nature, selecting the fastest plants. Takes 7 generations to acclimate according to what I read.
For sure, Timewarp is Canadian. Vancouver area, probably from Vancouver Island.

10 Likes

Just wanted to share a resource I found recently looking for landraces.

I haven’t tested it, but it looks pretty interesting: therealseedcompany.com

3 Likes

@setgoals There good. And you will defo get what you order. Good on dilvery and good if you have questions. Probably one of the oldest landrace seed companies around. They been in the business many years now. Worth checking out.

4 Likes

Thank you for saying so. Very appreciated :pray:

2 Likes

Dont know if this is the right place but would you be willing to send me a few 70s seeds? I talk to a cancer patient in Texas whom is really trying to get her hands on old school stuff. sounds like your loaded hehe <3

1 Like

Couple things to unpack here

One is that he says this on numerous occasions:

And two is that you’re asking a user for seeds he/she posted about in 2017, and who hasn’t been seen here in 6 years.

Probably unlikely.
. Happens to the best of us though!
:bear::+1:

8 Likes

@setgoals
Kwikseeds is the real seed co distributer partner for USA.
I use them all the time with good luck

7 Likes

Somewhere we have a bunch of links where where to find landraces. If you Ever have any questions about Authenticity give me a holler.

6 Likes

Good source is here…
Closed for the season…
https://shop.mandalaseeds.com/

4 Likes

Stick around OG and seeds usually find you.

2 Likes

I’ll be here :slight_smile: just a little less active since I cut the grow short