Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Here’s a couple pictures from the 2nd Ace catalog I got… The prior catalog their Malawi flowered a week longer, maybe 2 weeks and I’m pretty sure I tossed that catalog When I got the new one. Anyway here’s a picture of their catalog strain Tikal And in it you can see they mention that there is Kush and haze genetics involved. Their Congo strain mentions pck.
Included is a photo of their bangie haze Which mentions only Nepal and Congolese genetics… Anyone that knows anything about land races knows Nepalese genetics can be classified as both indica or sativa and most often both are mentioned. I assumed from this description, as anyone would, that they were calling their Nepal strain part indica. Very common. The Bangi description was misleading imo.
In my opinion there was a mating of Malawi and PCK resulting in several strains. Malawi/ PCK Which was the phenotype that represented both parents. Purple Malawi, Which represented the Sativa pheno and Violetta, Which was a purple malawi leaning phenotype Crossed again to PCK.
This is my opinion.

Also the Panama mentions it’s a 100% sativa and anyone that learns anything about landraces, yet again, would know that this is not true. Not possible with that flowering time.

12 Likes