Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

DM me I’ve got to send out a list of people I’m behind on sending to lol

I picked up seed baggies and will start throwing together the landrace to landrace seeds I crossed for the first time.

By years end I’ll have some epic legacy strain breeding together.

I wish I could send out all my ancestral skunk x Turkish Hash Plant seeds. Its very expensive for 10 000 seeds to ship to everyone.

I’m working on a solution to accomplish it. I bought a lottery ticket step 1…Kidding Lol I’ll get them to you all, after I test the new F1s.to make sure it’s a must have strain. :100::dove:

I just grabbed some random landrace to landrace Turkish Hash Plant seeds to look at i bred this year outdoors, looks pretty cool.
They survived a hard summer of extreme heat and drought.

31 Likes

Maybe check with @DougDawson he might be able to help spread them around for you.

4 Likes

Interesting choice of words. That sounds like a dog whistle (am I using that term correctly?). Only “heads” would care about “rankness.”

3 Likes

Always happy to help spread some beans :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks Doug :dove::fist_right::fist_left::dove:

1 Like

Did I stumble across a possible chance to acquire landrace beans? I will gladly donate for shipping

3 Likes

I am days away from flowering a pre-soviet invasion Spin Ghar. I have been hunting for these beans since the day my uncle answered the call before telling me where he stored his “source code” as he was known to call these beans. My Aunt forgot long before that, she was more concerned with where her coke was lol. He was an assistant to a professor that was studying the anthropology of the tribal border hash region for three years before the Red Curtain prevented him from returning. During that time he acquired a beautiful specimen and bred her. I received a call not long ago from faculty at the college he worked at. I was informed of a small metal box found in the dairy culture cryobank that was stamped with Unc’s I.D. and a code number. When they pulled the info for the code, digitized a decade ago, it gave instructions to return the box to me if found without damage. It didn’t take long to find me as I am Alumni. Well, you guessed it, he sent me notice my car’s warranty was expired and my options to get continued coverage. Son of a bitch! So I ordered beans from some hippy I met in a stall on I94

16 Likes

Had me going in the first half, not gonna lie

5 Likes

Bingo. Smokers recognize smokers.

4 Likes

Survived??? I’d say the Turkish Hash Plant seeds flourished! It would be quite fun to go down the seed color/patterning “rabbit hole” one of these lifetimes! I could have a blast just trying to breed and cross-breed seed patterns and those would be a wonderful place to start from! :rofl: Congrats @GregOG , hope they Over Grow The World!

:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

G13 was also at Cornell University in NY allegedly accordingto local lore. From when i started smoking weed in 91 ( earlier for sure)until around 2002 it was around Central Bridge NY, grown in the cornfields along Schoharie Creek, one of the most fertile river bottoms anywhere on Earth. The plants turned Purple top to bottom and closed in on 20 feet tall with 3 foot top colas the
Size of a mans thigh( which were bigger back then lol). The last year it was around the cops( feds) found it. They showed up in dark expensive cars and repelled down ropes from a helicopter( national guard?) As jet skis went up and down the river. The fuzz was on one end Of the field cutting down plants and my buddy’s brother was on the other end of the field harvesting as fast as he could. Dumb ass. He’s lucky he got away. A tractor trailer was filled with plants and driven away to be burned…the last of G13 in m area.
This is why I now share. My buddy’s brother never would, nor would most people i grew up with. I didnt share either. It was the way we were. If you had the best shit you wanted to keep it that way.
Turned out well didn’t it?
Needless to say the potency of g13 was legendary.
I bet someone in my area keeps ot pure. I just dont know who.

15 Likes

Lol. Serms to be a VERY OG specific issue. I’m having the same one😁

3 Likes

That Turkish plant is just epic! A bud. On a stick
A real beauty.

4 Likes

That’s a true story actually, but the only thing in that box was some bullshit about the Zupruder film and his tin foil hat. His nickname amongst us was uncle conspiracy and he earned it :roll_eyes: Gave up on his pre-soviet long ago.

I did however locate his purple pheno border plant sourced during American occupation and it is champion genetics no doubt. Found four seeds, popped one so far, a lovely lady I now adore. The leaves are just different, It’s green is different, it sort of glows like UV reactive fishing lure paint. And it’s a tank, even when the borg (mites) borded my shit and set up camp with their little evil spawned gang, west side thrips…she sat right next to the devastation of multiple poly-hype-brids, some from highly respected breeders even, without a scratch, Like “what bitch? Taliban couldn’t take me out, you got nothin”

14 Likes

Would I be able to get in on some of this I will pay for shipping and or a donation :pray:t4:

I am interested in any landrace strain currently. I have seeds to trade if anyone’s interested. :grin:

2 Likes

I harvested this today… from Laos - Bokeo #2 from The Real Seed Company
I cracked the seeds this past June
I’m in Southwestern US

:peace_symbol:

42 Likes

Looking forward to your smoke report.

5 Likes

Excellent! Did you feel sad chopping her down after such a long grow?

1 Like

Not really… I mean it conjures something when I look at the sequence of photos above, but it’s getting cold here and she was ready, so it’s just a matter of course. When I chop a plant down I usually will say, “thank you, you did a great job, your work is now complete”
… I’ll say it here, too, I’ve been thinking lately, I mean for example I saw a dead cat in the road today and at first, my first response was, “oh that’s so sad.” and I do this all the time when I see something dead, and I guess as I get a little older I don’t want to feel sad for a death, rather I try to take the moment to celebrate their life. So with the dead cat I said “way to go brother, you got to live!” I know this is a little long on reply but it’s just something I’ve been thinking about

31 Likes