Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Add a zero on the end and ridiculous becomes wtf. I Remember grows that were 20 plants and I thought I was Scarface.
Now I’m a bit older, I grow a few more, although I share and spread as much as possible…

4 Likes

Does anyone have a suggestion for an outdoor landrace grow in MA? Full transparency, I’m booked this year, but looking for 2024 to up my game and do a full grow seed select…

1 Like

Speaking inside or out?

Look into high altitude landrace cultivars offered by INDIAN LANDRACE EXCHANGE. Lolab is one that comes to mind.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Any particular suggestions? I have May to late September possibly October, but did have a friend grow some Tirah into November…

2 Likes

I’m not a landrace expert by any means but as a neighbor I’ve looked into this one and it seems like in inland New England our best bets are highland landraces from Nepal, Uzbekistan Balochistan, Sheberghan, Chitral, Kashmir (especially Lolab) and possibly (big maybe, but with enough sun and a cover to finish?) the shorter flowering, tougher African sativas like Kilimanjaro, Durban, Ethiopian.

4 Likes

reading up on original/purehaze…there isn’t any as far I see…ot1 haze is a 4 way sativa hybrid as it is, so actually pure or original haze is a thing of myth I do believe…Read through ot1 original haze descriptions…when I read that all these years original haze was just a story I couldn’t believe it either…making up as they go along even back then…but no doubt from original haze descriptions I’ve seen from the 70s…original or pure haze is mere poppycock.and just a sativa 4 way hybrid…amazing what the real truth is…bless em.lol…which would in turn mean that nevils famous haze lines as one example of the good man breeding a multi hybrid into hybrids no doubt!!! .nothing pure or original dating back a very long time…

the truth…

6 Likes

…lolol…and seeing hempy getting addressed with the truth over on numerous other sites he didn’t have an answer…I like that dude though…nevils voice over the yrs and always sat at the front desk deflecting critics…but he couldn’t answer that all them yrs nevil wasn’t using anything pure or original haze in the lines…he’s been getting hounded a lot for it but I’ll always defend the guy…he definitely has a pertained knowledge of what he speaks on but imagine selling a nevils haze story all them years only to find its multi generational multi hybrid nonsense…nevil had some lovely work back 2 decades ago and I’m embarrassed to think what the actual true real lineage was of them famous haze males…must read like a who’s who of complete fabrication!!..them haze male lines had serious potency and were reworked brilliantly but jesus a 4 way hybrid???..how much more mis information is really out there?..:eyes::rofl:

3 Likes

Balochistan King’s Bud checks all the boxes, should deliver a solid experience for someone growing landraces for the first time in the Northeast. It finishes in October 8-10 weeks. It’s available direct from ILE at the Full Power Selections website. They ship from the U.S. . Spray with diluted milk/lactobacili and it will keep the mold away.

2 Likes

When i started using cannabis eons ago ,(could have been my area)there was only nbd with seeds and no such thing as haze weed,I never heard the term till Skunkman spoke of it,i always assumed it was marketing,purple haze was acid,the only names were mexican(acapulco),thai,colombian gold,redbud, cambodian if you had deep pockets because it was beyond expensive and a rare load of african but it wasn’t that special. The hash sucked as a rule and we got baby food jars of killer oil for $600,later on we got haiwaiin and then the wide leaf hit the scene and ruined it and people got stoned instead of high.

5 Likes

Inside maybe put outside to finish around October for 2-3 months. If not inside but it’s warm enough that usually no freeze until end of December. Oh ya got your package wasn’t expecting.

6 Likes

Awww shit yeah! Hoku got the restock on The Guy Downtown’s Lolab Valley ex situ acclimation stuff and it’s cheap! I need to get these myself, @PioneerValleyOG this is definitely the one for ya, and there’s some interesting crosses there too, Floyd runs a great seed bank!

5 Likes

Picked up a pack when he was doing his 42% off (on top of current discount) which made it even more impossible to pass up. Looks like only 3 left now better hurry!

3 Likes

Hoku is pretty great!
I was just scoping some of the packs from Outlaw that were from Beanhoarder’s freezer.
Beanhoarder haze…🫠

2 Likes

Wow what a deal man I missed that!

1 Like

@PioneerValleyOG some more info on that Lolab:

3 Likes

Zamal Mauve Poivré (Purple Pepper) by Hybrid Department :wink:

This cannabis sativa strain comes from the beautiful island of Reunion and will leave a lasting impression on anyone who tries it.

With a flowering period of 150 days, “Zamal Mauve Poivré” is a feminized variety. The aroma of this strain is a unique blend of mango and pepper, with hints of other tropical and spicy flavors. This complex and intriguing scent will delight the senses and make you want to take a puff.

The sativa dominance of this strain means it will provide uplifting and energizing effects, perfect for activities that require creativity and focus. Whether you’re looking for a new strain to add to your collection or just want to try something new and exciting, “Zamal Peppery Mauve” is a must for any cannabis SEEDS COLLECTOR. Get collector’s seeds of “Zamal Mauve Poivré” and discover the unique and captivating flavors and effects of this incredible strain.

https://hybrid-department.blogspot.com/2023/02/presentation-de-la-variete-exotique-de.html

15 Likes

Yup but I’m looking for a no FEM version/regs and I think they have it

3 Likes

Yeah sadly femz but contact them for regular, patience and friendship at work let’s wish you ^^

5 Likes

@PioneerValleyOG here’s an heirloom for ya, @boatbum325 just put out the good word that White Buffalo is doing 2 for 1 spring clearance:

“Timewarp x Guerilla Gold

The legendary Texada Timewarp crossed with another Canadian legend the Guerrilla Gold. Early yields of fruity, sweet seasoned meat and piney buds, some with pink pistils. Finishes late August to mid September outside.”

https://wbseeds.com/shop/seeds/goldwarp/

7 Likes