Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Are you south of the US border? I always wondered what the situation was like as far as getting seeds sent, or received from there. Sure do hope they set it right with you. It can be frustrating. :v:

4 Likes

Never is hard to get seeds here in México bro
Never nothing something get lost
Sorry to everyone about my comments…
This isn’t a good time on my life
I’m making a lot of drama.
My apologies to all.
Peace out.

16 Likes

We all have to vent sometimes hermano. No apologies necessary.

3 Likes

It’s not drama to say how you’re feeling hermano.
What you’re experiencing sounds really frustrating, and sometimes it helps to get it out!

4 Likes

Has anyone tried Ed Rosenthal’s new strain called Purple Caper? I have read some pretty interesting things concerning the different phenotypes of this strain. It was Ed’s attempt at bringing back the Skunk #1 experience of the golden years.

4 Likes

I’d like to hear more about that. I better look it up. :grin:

Here ya go:

1 Like

I wonder if he owns the company? I found that page first; Purple Caper Seeds. I guess it’s his project. I found that link next.

Matori

Kalamata

70’s Viet

Punto

Malawi :malawi:

23 Likes

I feel really dumb but does anyone who these came from. Checked messaging and even searched the forums but for the life of me they’re not ringing a bell.

never mind I found it it was @TestOfOath . Got the seeds thank you!!! haha

Looks like an amazing selection!!

13 Likes

I have to say: i had the ACE seeds Pics in different memory. :upside_down_face:
They are often “edge-case” fat.

I just looked up the New Caledonia on Phylos, it showes some Skunk inclusions…
So, that one might be hybredised aswell.

Anyway, all i wanted is to say at first: they arent necessarly hybredised with PCK. And not necessarly by ACE seeds… But at source. (just my specualtion)

I still have more favorites from ACE seeds than other Sites.
The Thai is really neat looking…Not as good as oldschoolba tho.
The Oldtimershaze
the Lebanese

be it just those 3 Strains, its very special to have 3 Strains on a Seedbank that i would smoke. Each is old, and more or less authentic looking.

4 Likes

Ace sent clones and seeds back to ot1 after they reproduced it. They were supposed to have removed some of the more difficult, no yield and non finishing plants. But they did send clones and seeds back to ot1 from the batches they use as parents to make the seeds. Im sure ot1 would have know and said something if they had something added to them. But he was happy with what ace had done with them.

8 Likes

Thanks, that is excellent information. I appreciate you sharing.

2 Likes

Looks like the ‘93 Kalimist will make reveg even though clones were taken at 8 weeks of flower.

24 Likes

That’s impressive! :exploding_head:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Kalamata

22 Likes

Is that poly batting? Like for quilts? Looks like a pretty good ground cover.

Happy looking plants!

5 Likes

Been lurking in here since joining. Learning a bunch and love the updates on all the variety from around the world.

I understand what landraces are but still can figure out heirloom means as it relates to our plant.
I previously only heard it before for regular gardening.(tomatos etc.)

5 Likes

It is. Basically just moisture retention.

Thank you :blush: they’re taking off right on time

4 Likes

basically the same, landrace is just an even older heirloom

7 Likes