Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

1970 Viet Black top bud, Start of week 7
Mystery Viet Black from my cousin.

37 Likes

Boy that’s shaggy! :+1:

5 Likes

That’s worth saying twice!

Lovely tropical plant…The Viet blk has the black/purple side and green tropical AFAIK

Thats a good one …must be the green!

6 Likes

Doh! LOL :joy:

2 Likes

.We won’t know until later in flower. The one pictured that is at week seven goes purple later on. :purple_heart: The big one I don’t know yet. It’s momma is first pic.
@GREANDAL Looks more like slains than YoBigdaddy’s, don’t you think?

7 Likes

I thought the same thing.

5 Likes

This is the Namkading landrace available from TRSC. I was doing a seed run with a 9 hour day. Every plant, male and female, hermed. I’m growing three clones in a “mini” scrog in the 7 gallon pot, and planted one in a gallon. Now I’m seeing how they grow and hoping for sexual stability. Now they’re just on standard 12/12.

22 Likes

Yeah those big long lower branches are a bit of a give away. Looks good man🙏

5 Likes

That is too bad on the hermies. Something I always worry about with all the locally sourced landraces that are popping up.

2 Likes

Here’s some pics of Squirrel Tail, locally sourced and sent to me by @Tlander . Around 10-11wks of 11/13, I think. Full plant shots to show structure, 3 different phenos from the same seed batch.

And a Aruka Valley, locally sourced and sent to me by @iceman

And a Malawi Gold. From a repro done from locally sourced seed by @Tejas

My apologies for the shitty phone pics, as always.
:v::canada:

34 Likes

Looks incredible! I’ve been planning to try Real Seed Co. Sheberghan as soon as I have some disposable income. Is this a cross of Sheberghan w Balkhi? Or is that just the full name for sheberghan?

1 Like

Peshawar Afghani from @upstate

Hit her some some Oaxacan pollen so :crossed_fingers:!

22 Likes

It’s a cross by @Upstate sheberghan x Balkh. Now (Sheberghan x Balk) x Ustad Shiskaberry. Should be interesting.

3 Likes

What’s your latitude? That sounds like it might be good where I am. 49.2N

2 Likes

34.7 latitude. I’ll be sure to get some sent to you if you want depending on how many I get.

2 Likes

Much appreciated, if either of us remember that would be nice but don’t sweat it. How long since planting?

2 Likes

Planted April 18th.
I believe she should finish up here in a couple weeks, both are pretty short flowering like 8 or 9 weeks I believe

2 Likes

great landrace options here, reg and fem

6 Likes

looks like there are less than 5% of the offerings that are pure landrace from that source, hope they consider reproducing more pure long time flowering sativas going forward

4 Likes

42.9.??? Misprint I do believe.:grin:
Lolab Valley Kashmir

@lefthandseeds Black and Blue Lebanese.
A rare sativa pheno popped up. First 2 leb pics. The last picture is more typical of what you would get.

29 Likes