Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

My oaxacan x red snake came out nice! Now in jars a it has a floral and sweet smell.

Made nice dense buds easy to grow. Also hit with some Oaxacan pollen and we have seeds!
IMG_20231106_163852_548

33 Likes

Blue Hopium,. right before she got :axe:.

35 Likes

Oh cool! I’m glad to see this grow. I’ve had some good stuff from new420 seeds, and I grabbed some of those too. Looks pretty awesome.

6 Likes

That looks great man, really high quality buds for outdoor

4 Likes

Thanks man! The secret I finally learned this season; buy a $15 mosquito net off Amazon and drap it over the plants starting first day of flower.

Didn’t have even one bud worm on any of my plants all season!

25 Likes

Ancestral hash plant clone and Oaxacan clone got the chop today!

AHP

Oaxacan

28 Likes

@lefthandseeds thanks, which other ones did you like from him? I also bought the mazar-i-sharif that I was going to give a go this spring hopefully. Supposed to be two different lines brought together to bring out some hybrid vigor as he states.

@420noob looks like a nice harvest. that Oaxacan x RS looks nice and resinous. I’m surprised that the flowers were so dense but great to hear.

@ChinookKing great looking buds there, what’s the background on that blue hopium? brilliant idea with the netting too, glad to hear it worked out.

3 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of random stuff from a while back. I had some really nice plants from his Black Domina. I also got the double Mazar that I’m pretty excited about also. I got the Santa Marta Colombian Gold that I’m a little less enthused about. And I got some Purple Maze Kush that look really good. I think that one is that Post Traumatic Purple he’s carrying now that looks rad, crossed to a Hindu Kush. IIRC I also got his WW for old time sake.

Edit: I also previously got his Pine Tar Kush and LA Confidential, which were meh ok but not great.

5 Likes

Dense in the sense they aren’t loose or airy like some pics of sativas.

See not dense as in solid nugs just more shapely buds then the other sativas I’ve seen. That’s all not anywhere near indica dense not solid just full shape. Sorry bad choice of word dense I have a hard time putting what’s in my head into words properly. If that makes sense.:wink:
The smell is hard to place it keeps changing but still has slight floral and sweet but it’s changing still!

13 Likes

Oh yea forgot I have the PTK from him also but sounds like those might go further down the list. Yea that post traumatic purple did sound really nice although it appears he’s removed all seed descriptions from the site now.

I’m almost positive that Jerry fellow from justcannabisseed com is the one who bred the Santa Marta CG for new420guy. He has a write up about it here. I was tempted but never ended up buying it. Will be curious to see if/when you end up getting to them.

Haha yes totally makes sense now. I was thinking you meant along those lines but wasn’t for sure. Nice to hear though because I really enjoy the mother plant but the flowers are quite airy/fluffy. Looking forward to the smoke report.

3 Likes

18 Likes

Wow that really does look like it could be the SMCG he has. Looks like he had a few more posts about it that I’ll check out.

I had a few more that I forgot about lots of freebies. Most of those I’m unlikely to run, but who knows. SSH and WW I’m always down to run every now and then. But the ones at the top are the strains I’m more interested in right now.

17 Likes

Okay @Upstate so I checked the seed library and this is actually the s1 70 Viet from Yobigdaddy not the cross. I haven’t gotten into them yet.

Time for a test!

38 Likes

Beautiful plants! Ahhh that sounds amazing fem landrace seeds!

6 Likes

From time to time he is posting on instagram yes, you find him at monkeypuzzlegenetics.

edit: I see Upstate was a lot faster than me.

Did I notice that right, that your Cambodian does not have resin on the leaves? Only calyxes? Varieties like that are very rare.

5 Likes

That’s looking awesome my friend! Definitely time for a test. Unfortunately I don’t know if I can bring my plant to the finish. I’m now dealing with powdery mildew That I brought indoors with one of the outside plants. I’ve just been too damn busy the last couple Weeks to even give them moderate care. Pretty much losing my whole room right now.

3 Likes

Oh no!!! I’m sorry to hear that. That sucks.

2 Likes

why not smoke an immature testbud?

4 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear that my friend. I’m also trying to save what I got going now.

I don’t know what happened in between so many things changing in my life and garden this last year, and having lots of strains going at once, I got a bit too busy and I missed using a scope to study every single leaf on any new cuts in quarantine, and even though I did regular IPM sprays and kept the new babies isolated for 2 weeks… I still got some darn critters!

So I’ve been going to war with everything I can think of to get this situation completely eliminated before flip. I’m so glad I found the issues in veg right before I was about to flip almost everything.

Been using neem, insecticidal soap, trifecta crop control, etc I am trying to avoid going the heavy chemical route, but I have also tossed any cuts I had rooting, duplicates of anything as well, then I heavily stripped my lower bushier areas to make spraying and identifying everything a little simpler.

So long story short I overgrew my garden and now I’m paying for it having to wait much longer for flower and harvest than originally planned.

All in all I think I learned my lesson :sweat: Life will throw you curveballs sometimes, but I’m trying my best to not let it get me down. When I first found out what was happening I was so worried, disappointed, and upset I nearly pulled everything and was going to sanitize all my Grow equipment just incase, but I’m sure they came in on a cut. I only got cuts from a couple sources, so now I’m pretty sure I know where it came from, but again I got too busy to be on top of everything as best as I could and now I’m paying for it.

I really hope you get everything handled and back on track as quickly as possible! @Upstate

6 Likes

Oh I will.

We go thru life one step at a time and
Sometimes we will fall.
The strong get up, the weak stay down
Still others have to crawl.
We make the best with what we have and
Make gains when we can
But sometimes we will miss our mark and
Things don’t go as planned
It’s at this point, we want to give up
Only harder we must try