Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

I emailed them to ask for a price list and they began asking what I had in my collection. When I told them they became very interested in a particular landrace and tried to talk me into selling it to them. After several email exchanges I realized I was talking to more than one person so I walked away.

6 Likes

MM from @Budderton feeling very Sativa to me. Basically started in the flower tent

19 Likes

Only because I have never been in this situation before; I’d like to ask about some of the options available to me, with my “Seed carrying” Bhadra.

The initial plan / Goal was to load the branches with Buds. (on 5 different plants lol) and as it stands, the last plant standing’s the Bhadra and her Cargo is throughout

She is not generating any real buds and appears to be full of seed really, as we enter week 23.

I’d like to ask,

• does she really need to go any longer? The seeds are Solid and Dark throughout. No visible nugs to harvest
  • is there any thc etc that can be extracted from this Metre tall plant? ie: Hash?

Collected seeds from the last dead-leaf cleaning effort

from a couple weeks ago, below. Fresh pics and an assessment tonight

25 Likes

You gonna need a close up pic of those nugs / leaves/seeds for us to tell
any visible trichromes ?

2 Likes

How do the trichomes appear on the seeds bracts? Have you looked at them through a loupe?

1 Like

Happening in 15 minutes my Friends…

Thanks @Rastafarout / @RoryBorealis

1 Like

Those seeds look good to me, but I’ve been fooled before. I suggest you plant 20 and see what percentage sprout.

1 Like

Where do I buy legitimate malawi gold seeds in the USA I got ace malawi started and Rsc Malawi gold just ordered I’ve been wanting to grow it forever. I don’t know when the Rsc order will show up, hopefully in time for this outdoors season. I also traced beans with this dude in Netherlands says they’re tlt f2, I have those started as well but questioning the legitimacy

1 Like

Malawi grows into trees outside. They grow into some of the largest cannabis plants known.
16’ tall by 16’ wide, or larger, is not uncommon.

Height and width may be easily controlled by selective pruning during the vegetation stage.

Happy growing brother!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the ACE Malawi is adulterated, but none the less it’s a monster plant that ends up ridiculously sticky. It’s a great breeding tool.

6 Likes

RSC takes about 3-4 weeks to get to Ohio.

Kwikseeds.com. Last time I ordered from TRSC I forgot about their US site and it took six weeks for my seeds to arrive. But this takes just a few days.

3 Likes

https://www.coloradosativas.com/seeds/view/2993995/1/7975030

1 Like

The (Mullumbimby Madness x Nevils Haze) x Malawi Gold are starting to take off, despite the thrips.

Maybe I’ll find a male that I can go back to the mom with for some backcross action.

The MM x NH seed where sent to me from Australia by @Cranio , along with info that is was from old Kangativa stock and may not germinate well due to age. I recieved 3 but only got one to go and was lucky to get a female that I really liked the effects from. The Malawi Gold came from a seed increase by @Tejas, from seed collected in Africa.
:v::canada:

27 Likes

How large do you think those can get?

1 Like

I agree!

ACE Malawi x (Uw Purp x Locktite) x (Jew"s Gold x Locktite)
This is my second run with these.

I popped the first batch a couple of months after making them and I had a high male to female ratio.
So this round I overplanted in anticipation and ended up closer to the typical 50/50 ratio.

The Malawi influences in the vigor, massive structure of the buds and in the high, but the terpenes seem to lean heavily on the Jew Gold - Pine and gas side of things.
There appears to be some fruity types as well, but not as common in my small grow out.
These may lean to the UW Purp?
Anyway it may not impress the purist, but I think it’s a welcome influence to the stagnated polyhybrid strains.

16 Likes

3-4 times stretch, from when you flip to flower. Trees outside in favorable conditions.
:v::canada:

3 Likes

Here is the link to the fresh shots, Enjoy @RoryBorealis
I’m curious about what you see bro

5 Likes

I got 5 outta 7 Somali taxi ride (Malawi gold Afropips x Neville’s wreck Male) seeds to pop 1 will make it to my outdoor season along with all the malawi I can get a hold of, rsc order shipped Feb 24th so guessing it’ll be early April plenty early for this year.Screenshot_20240228-193951|225x500

2 Likes

Buy Malawi from RSC through Kwik Seeds. I bought mine 2 years ago but every seed germinated. Ended up with 4 1/2 ft plants in 3 gal containers. The real deal.

3 Likes