Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Aruka Valley x Malawi Gold

:v::canada:

30 Likes

Transkei , textbook sativas , I know they should be grown in the great outdoors to shine ,but I’m learning a few things about them indoors , and they still whack!

24 Likes

Happy Saint Patrick’s day! I’m running a giveaway on my thread with some interesting heirloom crosses. Feel free to stop by and throw your name on the wiki!

:grin::v::canada:

12 Likes

Choco Chiba/ Purple Colombian bsc via blackbird preservations

Minty into terpinolene heavier pungent in cure. Two 16 weekers and the fluffy one was just over 18

30 Likes

You killed it! Beautiful plants and you kept them very squat and dense for 16&18 weekers.

5 Likes

Did you go directly into flower from seed?

2 Likes

So I was just vegging them in those 5inch pots for a couple-few weeks, and they all started to flower once their roots got to the walls. I let them pollinate the pre-flowers in the veg tent ( didn’t really have much choice) and then up potted them to 3G with good but kinda light soil and they rode out without much extra feeding. There is some variation in these for sure on flower time but you can force them into flower which can be useful i guess!

5 Likes

Just scored some CBG Destroyer F1s :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: they germ! I have Old SOGs Destroyer F2s as well. Gonna do a full landrace/heirloom sativa run this fall, after my Co-Op run.

23 Likes

22 Likes

I have two packs of those (Canabiogen), one of Oldsog’s selection which as far as I could follow on his instagram was based on three (3) packs of Cannabiogen, and I was recently sent another batch of seeds selected from Cannabiogen. I will not select. I will only choose worthy vigorous males because I believe this carries through in the progeny, but all females will be pollinated to maintain the greatest diversity possible. Somewhere in 2025 we could share seeds. I will possibly keep doing this with Destroyer until 2027 as I keep receiving and sending out free seeds for all interested.

Hopefully, more people are on board with this repro :smiley:

13 Likes

This (Mullumbimby Madness x Nevils Haze) x Malawi Gold is getting its stretch on.

:v::canada:

29 Likes

The price is never listed for anything when it costs too much.

10 Likes

Here’s a couple Congo ladies, sourced from East Africa Genes.

And a lone Guadalajara female
And finally a crazy uganda pole pheno at week 14 of flowering. The Cola is as long as my arm, and I bet would fill in with better lighting. Buds are numerous, but fluffy

31 Likes

Love the Destroyer repro project!!!

Playing devil’s advocate here, in keeping with the open pollination theory, when you remove males that are less vigorous aren’t you also cutting off the diversity that those less desirable males would bring? They may not be vigorous for your environment but what if the next fella has the environment that would allow similar phenotypes to excel and be super vigorous?

9 Likes

Great pics! What are the scents/aromas like on the Ugandan?

5 Likes

They won’t take my money, damn…lol.

1 Like

It is possible, but I have also gotten bad results and I lack the space for such an operation. So, the plan is to do several processes of selection and then do a final open pollination. By the time I get there, possibly around 2025, I will be living in its ideal environment so there is a chance to work with these genes in the tropics. That is the only setting with enough space to do that. So, in the balance of things it will be a bit unorthodox for a repro, but I think it can work.

2 Likes

Malawi Gold x Grinspoon is almost done 80 days, She will come down soon

29 Likes

good time frame for that one, very very doable.

very nice brother …

6 Likes

I have to admit I am really intrigued by that cross. What size container is she in?

5 Likes