Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

I just started a 24 week 1970 Colombian gold might as well add a couple of the koh gold to ride along side it :grin:

11 Likes

Koh x Malawi in early flower, some stretch. @Budderton

21 Likes

Jeeez I’m gona be retired before yall finish flowering :wink::joy::joy: lol! That’s awesome though.

I hope to dabble in long-flower plants some day, just to truly experience them

8 Likes

Nice giveaway @Budderton
Congratulations everyone

6 Likes

Where did you find the beans for the Columbian? I have been trying to find the real thing for awhile. My favorite smoke in the 70’s.

4 Likes

I think we had a co-op of Colombian

5 Likes

Nice one @MikeyMeteor , thanks for posting!
Yeah, I can definitely see the hybrid influences in that one’s overall morphology, especially when compared to the Mullumbimby Madness x Nevils Haze x Malawi Gold. I bet they’ll be under 16 wks. Please keep me updated on how they progress.
:v::canada:

12 Likes

its from hyp3rids they have some killer selections

5 Likes

Bro, how are you?
A question
Why do you think that isn’t pure landrace genetic?
Why do you believe it got old dutch genetics?
I’m ask you that because i’m really worried about how is all the old sativas going to extintion

5 Likes

Dibbers!!!, unless they’re on route already :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The Dutch were pretty well known for getting pure seed from an area and then giving them Dutch seed. The Dutch seed would almost always out yield the local stuff.
@Elchischas

7 Likes

Nope, your number 5 @Fortman420 . You’ll have to re-send me your details in PM, as I bin them as soon as I get them on the envelope. Still 1 more pack to give out!

6 Likes

I might have got skipped above. I’ll dibs again if it’s not too late. :grinning:

6 Likes

Sorry @PineTarBastard ! The hash caught up to me and I had a little shut eye.:grin: Shoot me an address in PM and I’ll get an envelope out to you.
That’s 6 now, unless I missed someone else. Thanks for your interest.

13 Likes

Hey @Elchischas , it mostly from observations after growing them out. The flower density and shorter finishing times had me thinking there is some worked stativa/hybrid in the mix. It’s very apparent, especially when grown beside the Squirrel Tail, Panama Red, and Aruka Valley, which are all 20 plus week, far stativa. Still, the KDKT has been worked down in Tland for sometime now and may still be considered a heirloom I think. There’s also the fact that the person who perpetrated the strain , KD, spent time in Europe decades ago. This is from Tlander
" Yep, KD is known for having probably been T’land’s biggest proponent of decriminalization for decades (like 4-5 now!). He spent some time in Europe learning ‘breeding’ (I thought he said in Germany?). I’ve always wondered about the question of if there’s any hybridization w/stuff he came across there? "

14 Likes

Awesome giveaway @Budderton sounds like a great cross!

5 Likes

The KD KT is definitely worked with some dutch, i think he acknowledges it somewhere in an interview - after reading Budderton’s experience with it, it looks to confirm that fact. It may be koh chang landrace x skunk 1

1 Like

Just sharing my (I would say success grow so far) Platinum Kush Auto counting down weeks to chop off

9 Likes

+1
I heard directly from the locals on Koh Chang island two summers ago.
There is his KD Tao and a blue(berry) line as well.

3 Likes

Hybrid3 has it as a p2 freebie when you buy his 70 col x 80’s col. It’s originally from Hippie Cannabis Genetics. ( I see that was mentioned)
@Elchischas I think the fast flowering time( I heard 8 weeks was possible) was the giveaway with kd, and like @PineTarBastard said, it’s been acknowledged so far as I know.
@Budderton nice hybrid. You’re my brother from another mother lol.

6 Likes