Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Some Pakistani chitral kush

17 Likes

What’s the last picture freakshow?

3 Likes

Hahah some kale I have in my garden , not sure how that snuck in there

4 Likes

VB stacking up nicely and faster than expected so I’m pretty happy with this pheno…

Probably has at least 3 weeks or more to go.

29 Likes

That’s a beauty! How many weeks since flower formation started? I’ve got a much younger version…

1970 Vietnam Black.

17 Likes

Sudan. Good medicine. Great for sleeping or relaxing.

31 Likes

really nice job for sure.

5 Likes

Cheers ,:pray: … It’s around 60 days or so into flower. if I can get them consistently down to 80 then that’s 20 days faster than they originally were. At this latitude everything flowers all year round so the trick is to select for fast growth and late maturing and then put them in around mid August so they can get some size before flowering and ‘hopefully’ get them done and dusted before the monsoon arrives in February.

10 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms here is some of the Gorka highlands/png gold in veg. Looking forward to seeing how it works out…

23 Likes

About 17 days later…

A while back in another thread there was some discussion about how some equatorial sativa behave like autos… here is an example, we have just clocked over the longest day of the year here, with about 14 1/2 hrs sunshine and these plants just get to about 6 feet and start flowering regardless.

34 Likes

man, that is gorgeous!!! nicely done

4 Likes

Beautiful. Looking forward to watching these flower.

3 Likes

@upstate still small, sitting at 6 weeks veg and just put the plant in flower and have 3 cuts trying to root.
oaxaca sativa (Wahaka)
im waiting to see the sex. a male ill collet pollen. a female will be used in daily rituals of smoke and having a good time. i win either way.
grown under led, indoors

happy new years eve!!! everyone

15 Likes

I had some bad luck with my first grow three years ago and my two Lebanese plants were subjected to over watering, under watering lighting accidents fungus gnats and many other privations. As a result they hermied…I never saw the nana or any sign until I harvested and found seeds. I started five of the seeds from the green stem hemp pheno and culled all but the two strongest …put them on thirteen hours light, gradually dropping from 16/to thirteen a hour every three days…one hermied and the other was straight females
In the meantime I popped two seeds from the landrace team that were their "blonde Lebanese’ only one survived and it was a male so he is with the ACE cbd pheno in my shed.
Last week I dropped my real seed co Lebanese seeds in shot glass and then to paper towel and six made tails and went in jiffy cups with happy frog.!

4 Likes

That’s pretty normal. Out here that’s right around August. If a plant takes shorter days than that to start flowering for us, they wont finish.

Best of luck, dude. She’s a beauty!

2 Likes

I always forget this is @Yaxu journal. How have you been, brother? What’s on your menu these days?

5 Likes

Ive never had a Sativa showing little fingernail Hairs around August. In middle Europe the Sativas show hairs September , mid September… Thats 1,5 Months later. Remarkable if you ask me…
A hardcore Fan could harvest unripe buds , thats a dream… lol

3 Likes

Super pretty plant. Love those skinny leaves! What Thai strain is this one you are growing?

2 Likes

@romanoweed Yeah I’d say it’s an unusual trait too. Oaxaca doesn’t start flower until middle or later September here. 12/12 or so. Oaxaca is pretty close in Latitude to the northernmost part of Thailand. I’d like to run this strain here outdoors and see when it would start flowering. No doubt a month-and-a-half earlier would be awesome! I wouldn’t have to carry the plants in for so long LOL

2 Likes

Oaxaca growing in the ground naturally under the sun. Not even started flowering quite yet.

7 Likes