Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

I just spent way too much time looking at Ace’ website. Dayum. :joy:

3 Likes

What a great pic!
May I use it as my avatar? Great work, awesome.

1 Like

I assume breeders concocted Golden Tiger by crossing the most vigorous and potent Malawi and Thai phenotypes. Golden Tiger has been around for a little while, meaning it’s also had a few generations of selective breeding. GT must be insanely potent.

6 Likes

Nice. That’s good to hear. I’ve been growing ACE since 2012. Dubi and the crew put out some gems. The Vietnam Black x Thai, Malawi, Zamaledica, Panama x Bangi Haze are my favorites from the ones that I’ve grown. Their PCK is something special. When you consider how truly powerful Zamaledica is, it’s amazing that it hasn’t won Cups or has gone mainstream. Those long flower cycles keeps it away from most grow ops.

10 Likes

If you can get your hands on the newer Thai leaning Golden Tiger, do it. Special smoke, for sure. That cross uses a Thai Chiang Mai, instead of the Meao Thai using in the original Golden Tiger.

5 Likes

What are the differences between the two Thai strains? Both being tropical NLD, and from the same region, it seems like the differences would be more subtle.

1 Like

Maybe it’s not such a bad thing that a lot of landraces remain obscure. It seems like most growers just want to cross, cross and cross some more with other strains.

3 Likes

The Thai Chiang Mai version is cleaner with more focus on cognitive explorations, less body. It also flowers for about an extra 1-2 weeks. The terpenes are in the same ballpark (lemongrass, carrot and some spice).

Regarding the obscurity, I like to use the underground music band analogy. I’m gonna keep rockin’ it regardless of if the world knows or not. Although, it does surprise me from time to time. Diamonds amongst pebbles.

4 Likes

You could grow ten seeds from that and get 10 phenotypes with such an extreme combination. Nice.

This is a Golden Tiger with a little bit of GG added to it, about 75/25. Maybe just starting to flower.

Mostly Thai…. I think possibly this may end up rather large :grimacing:

30 Likes

I’d call her large already gigantic might be a better word!

6 Likes

Not sure if it Qualifies but I just dropped some old stock ALaskan Cannabis Cache, Matenuska Thunderfuck. Have 6 I’ve been saving for a possible reproduction. I traded off a few and had 5 males myself along with some no germs and wet offs on my first try. Dropped 3 in water, if I get a pair I’ll drop the other 3 and do an open pollination seed run.

16 Likes

An update…

VB pheno #1

VB pheno #2

This one has more solid structure, I split these two lines off about 3 generations ago

Goruka/PNG gold

This is a bit of a bean pole this pheno, I’ve had to pull a few hermies ot this so I’ll keep a close eye on this one

Goruka/PNG

This is a better pheno imho.

Thai

This thing is a beast plant… it just keeps growing…

I hope I’m not hijacking this thread, I’m not organised enough to make a journal and seeing as though I’m growing full size heirloom Sativa in their natural environment, I hope OG’ers can appreciate them… cheers:)

43 Likes

Keep the pictures coming, it is the landrace and heirloom thread. Very nice garden my friend!

6 Likes

No need to apologize, hijack away :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: no really though, killer fuckin plants. Nicely done so far :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Absolutely!!! They look great and they are beasts.

8 Likes

Much appreciated. The Thai pheno is full of life. That VB Pheno #1 has massive fan leaves. Just gorgeous. Well done.

4 Likes

Wowsa. Thank you for sharing! They do inspire longing but their beauty transcends jealousy for me.

3 Likes

very nice to see, really wish i was there tp see it in person, very well done!

3 Likes

I just wished I was there for the weather ! The igloo is not plant friendly this time of year.

3 Likes