Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

I just cut down the Manipuris like 10 days ago. The Congolese have a leather/chocolate aroma and very nice high. The Bokeos have a very sweet lemony aroma. And the Manipuris have a more floral aroma. I"m still curing the Bokeo and Manipuri. I’ll let you know.

7 Likes

TRSC has a few Lao/Thai offerings. The Bokeos were a limited offering because of low germ rates. I made a bunch of seeds but I"ve not tested them yet. When I harvested the plant I did so for trichomes, but the seeds don’t look fully mature, very unfortunate. I still need to test as some will sprout I’m sure

3 Likes

Thank you, the one bud shot has me excited. lol

2 Likes

Hey! I’m fairly new here. Knew I had to share one of my recent favorites, (which I still have photos of)

I acquired this as a cut. It was grown out from a friend who had snail mailed himself 8 seeds out of Vietnam when touring the country. The smoke which these seeds came from was being called ‘Cambodian’ by the locals.

I did not have the time it needed to fully mature, I cut it at about 11-12 weeks. I made seeds with a quick mexican sativa on a few lowers on this plant, and am still playing with these genetics.

Very fragrant, floral, with a racey, cerebral high.

The last picture is a dry branch of Arakku Valley Andhra Pradesh distributed by cocogenes. Was graciously blessed with hundreds of these seeds, and have not explored as many as I should, also a nice handfull of new seeds from an outcross with it. This was the most surprising ‘sativa’ I have ever smoked, as it hits HARD, after a rip it feels like a deep plunge under water, weighted eye lids follow quick. (single bract, high times looking shwag)

26 Likes

Hey @Soiltech do you have any pictures of the Tiger berry or chunky mint kush in flower?

2 Likes

I did. But because I never updated my phone passed 5 gigs of storage… when I lost my phone in the creek this fall…l lost everything from the last 2 years since end of August 2020. Why I’m using screen shots from my own various social medias / icloud. Luckily I had everything from early 2020, and have some actual phones since before that one, in previous years, would just have to dig em up and do some sifting, however CMK was only tested this passed summer. Tiger Berry I did grow out in 2020 but didn’t smoke any until that december, I don’t believe I have the shots… so I guess the answer is really that I do not, but I def had some shots of the plants at least during their growth…

… actually found this one. One of the ladies in this truck is the Inebriating mint in veg (dr grenskye) who would eventually be hit with one of my prize males. Left front, I believe.

9 Likes

Are there any differences between the effects of ‘sativa’ phenotypes, as opposed to the ‘indica’ ones of the Moroccan or Lebanese, or for that matter, any hash cultivars?

2 Likes

True Moroccan has no indica phenotypes. The Indica came to the party rather late back in the 1960s when hippies brought Pakistan’i genetics to Morocco and taught them hash making.
Lebanese sativa phenotypes come from wild plants, most likely hempy in origin. There was no effect from these plants.
If you are looking for both sativa and indica phenotypes and you would like both of them to be good I would try Sinai. I can’t comment on the high of this one because I haven’t tried it but the sativa phenotypes will definitely leave you more alert afterward, but not like a tropical… and here I am using Kashmir as an example to judge it against because it also has indica and sativa Phenotypes. Should be similar

4 Likes

Beautiful pictures! I think you’re going to fit right in😁

3 Likes

evidence?? nope

1 Like

Hoping this would fit under the heirloom category.
ZAP (Oaxacan x Vietnamese x Thai) by Bodhi

Started 7 seeds 100% germination.

ZAP moved over to the bigger tent timer getting switched to 12/12

Zap on left side of 5x9 tent in all the photos 3 boys found and culled out. (I have more seeds to start to find a male if this strains proves to be good for an indoor garden) looking for keeper cuts of the strains I’m all running from seed. After everything I’m growing is smoked I’ll start thinning the herd and look to start breeding

Flowers are starting to develop nicely separated to show difference in heights(1 small 2 med and 1 tall)taken 2/3/22 some nice hazey smells but also some have a more fruity sweet smell (tall and small)

2/19/22 5 weeks into flowering looking nice. 2 clones of each plant was taken a couple weeks ago when I defoliated the other plants. they needed almost no thinning just the very bottom. Clones are showing roots and about to get put in 1 gallons to veg.

26 Likes

Sinai sounds fascinating. Is is possible that Sinai are the descendants of what the Pharaohs were using? If so, that alone would be really cool.

2 Likes

There is an advantage to having vines with leaves that look similar to cannabis, for guerrilla grows. You have to think about how cannabis is spotted by cops. They look for spots of green that are out of place, often in clearings. A big, green spot right in the middle of brown or gray dirt is one thing they notice. Grow your plants in and among green vines and LST it to keep it short, so it doesn’t silhouette itself. Also, the vines themselves can be used to LST it. Blackberry patches are even better for that. Not only do they provide a green backdrop, but blackberry patches are difficult to get into or out of. Find a spot that gets sunlight and use the blackberry vines to LST it.

2 Likes

I grew out a sativa pheno of Sinai (Christmas tree shape with fluffy buds) and it was excellent. Great floral rose petal smell and taste, very unique. Great functional high, well balanced. I made a few seeds from it with a male Viking from Derg Corra.

12 Likes

Race is a sensitive issue, but I always thought it was beneath us. Our love of cannabis transcends that sort of pettiness. About as close to that as we get is understanding, as the song “Junkhead” by Alice in Chains says “…we are an elite race of our own: the stoners, junkies and freaks.” We are a parallel society, bound by our love of cannabis and of the TRUTH. Interestingly enough, a person does not necessarily have to use cannabis to be one of us. Anyone who cares about the truth, and wants to see an end to the persecution of cannabis users is one of us.

1 Like

I always thought that was beneath us. The term “landrace” is not a loaded term for us; our love of cannabis transcends all of that.

1 Like

One does not become as wealthy and powerful as Arjan Roskam without engaging in activities that are morally ambiguous. On the other hand, he is generally a force for good. We also need all the allies and support we can get.

In Morocco? It’s common knowledge that Pakistani was heavily imported and that hippies showed the Moroccan people how to make hash in the 60s. Beldia was a Sativa type ganja strain, not a hash strain. Paki genes bulked up the buds and increased the resin head size. It was used so heavily true Moroccan is nearly extinct. Heres the old Beldia.

Looks nothing like modern Moroccan paki hybrid. Its 100% sativa.
Today some farmers are turning back to their original landrace due to its impressive drought resistant and low fertilizer requirements.
The original Moroccan landrace was nearly branchless and was planted on a 7 inch grid. The modern genetics have much more branching

17 Likes

Some close up flower pics:

Have an awesome day everyone :slight_smile:

31 Likes

looking good , bound to be some great smoke !!!

2 Likes