Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Sorry man, couldn’t enter in that man’s IG to check if it was one of his photos, thought it was, peace amigo … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

I have, and it’s really good. The flower from the seed run was double-digit THC content and had indica effects.
One interesting thing about the beans is it takes up to a month for them to sprout. I put them in water until they grew tails, and the ones with tails needed two weeks in soil before they came up. On the other hand, I’ve seen seedlings survive more than one frost.

2 Likes

Very interesting. Did you place them in the freezer and thaw them before sprouting? I have found doing that, as well as electrostimulation from the leads connected to a 9V battery helps to jumpstart them back to life.

3 Likes

The sativas in this thread are off the charts. Those long skinny leaves look so neat.

4 Likes

Hi bro, how are you?
No problema amigo :handshake: everything is cool!
Have a good day :pray:t6:

3 Likes

Fortunately I am the only one here to know what means cabrones :grin:, pinches pendejos bandit|nullxnull , no problemo at all … beer2|nullxnull

Growing some Guajaca thanks to our common friend after hearing good things from Mexican sativas, you have better climate for that Sun.

I enjoy your contributions, have a great day … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

I know exactly every word you’ve just typed. A lot of us speak Spanish and are Hispanic.

7 Likes

I know, I was just joking amigo, we use to do that here ejem|nullxnull , that’s why I use emojis, I’m Spanish myself … :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

I don’t think there’s an emoji for órale cabron

:joy:

8 Likes

No worries from me caballero. Just trying to keep the peace my man. :dove: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

What is a good alcohol? Certain brand like everclear or I’m close to a distillery if that would help

2 Likes

10 Likes

Any 90/ 100 proof will work, I’d like to find 100 proof rum I’d think the flavour would carry through to the oil .

2 Likes

Thats a large sack-o-seeds from Iowa I take it? Thats how I pack mine, vacuum sealed but with a silica pack inside to capture any moister.

4 Likes

Yeah, 80’-85’

There’s def real skunk in there
I prolly have about 50k seeds from the late 60’s to early 00’s

9 Likes

Man, those were great years. (deep sigh) You could make a seed beanbag for two with all those!

5 Likes

It doesn’t take up as much space as one would think

4 Likes

That was after I left them in the freezer for several days. Before that, the germination rate was maybe 30%

2 Likes

I’ve heard a lot of genetics from SE Asia found their way to Latin America in the early 20th Century. Mango Biche and Mango Thai could be contemporaries. That’s just a SWAG.

4 Likes

@Herrsquidward I believe it. From what I read, Colombian Gold is from Borneo originally, brought to Colombia by US pharma companies in the early 20th century.( Sorry to repeat this info but the thread is quite long😁) i always figured Mangobiche to be Indian in origin. The Indian Mango strains might very well be related to Mango Thai. Good chance of either being true but Indian genetics appeared in Venezuela just over the Colombian border in the 1830’s if memory serves me right.

10 Likes