Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

I find sensi to be more ‘crazy’ and trippy - unbalanced.
While seeded is more rounded and chakra-aligning.

The last time I grew a whole room of sensi was 2015/16. Lol. Its an addiction, I know.
Growing the same clones seeded and unseeded I remember concluding the potency wasnt very different - not enough to stop me from seeding my plants. But I did notice I enjoyed the buzz more when its seeded. So, since that experiment, I at the least will slightly seed one branch so that the Lady is content and not freaking out that she is gonna die and not leave a legacy.

Now, I do notice more potency from a clone compared to the seed mom.
More resin, more smells. And a harder hit.
But I also notice this effect when I have thrips - better colors, resin, smell, etc.
So, I think it has to do with the stress (jasmonic acid) of taking a clone and forcing it to make new roots as it almost dies.

Now, if only there were a way to lightly thrip a room without having any goo/shit from the thrips end up in the final product. I guess we will just have to be content woth jasmonic vs salicylic acid responses until then :upside_down_face::face_with_monocle:

9 Likes

Wow, looks very much like the brazilian cabecca de negro i grew in 2020

1 Like

I know people who only grow sensei - as they see the plant taking longer to finish and putting its energy into the seed(s) rather than the flower ; no right or wrong, just different points of view.

4 Likes

Mexican x Nepali x BSHW

Lower plant in frame grape god x ptk ibl

Flipping to flower soon

7 Likes

not to mention all the microbes producing their own chemicals. I mean, science folk engineer yeasts to produce tons of different chemicals, including thc. I don’t think it’s far fetched to think of microbes producing cannabinoids or other high-altering chemicals. At the least hashinene (spelling?) is only naturally found (in significant quantities) in traditional hash, which when you think of the heating, pressing, and aging involved in production, is likely a fermented product as well not too disimilar from cob cures.

EDIT: but as a quick fyi, I believe frenchy suspected that hashinene was related to sun drying the plant material

5 Likes

Manipuri

25 Likes

Viet Black oh the smell…

29 Likes

10 Likes

The one in the white bucket on the left is Oaxaca, the one on the right is Mulanje.

23 Likes

Hi all…
Some photos of Jalisco strain

25 Likes

VB

24 Likes

Manipuri

28 Likes

@Pigeonman Here’s a little sneak preview of your grow!

3 Likes

@Elchischas please tell us all about them!! :smiley:

7 Likes

Is anyone familiar with nepalese landraces? From western Nepal more specifically, collected at 2700m elevation.

From the little I could gather, nepalese are rather giants in the cannabis world. More so at lower elevations, and get smaller the higher the elevation, as small as 8-10ft (lol)

Trichome heads are small? Tastes vary, flower times vary…

This region is 1500m to 7000m so am I correct to assume these would be 20ft goat eating monsters… ?

Edit:
Found this, which - I think - was written by the seller, acquaintance…

Genetics: Pure Nepali Landrace
Latitude: Nepal 27°N – USA 37°N
Sourcing: Provided by a reliable acquaintance in Nepal with strong familiarity and contacts in the country.
Traditional use: Extensive. Primarily the creation of hashish.
Regional Harvest: Long growing/flowering season 18-20 weeks. October/November in Nepal.
Height: Usual height 3+ metres but can go 5+ metres.
Aromas: Sweet spices; cardamom, cinnamon, fennel, clove, flowery/fruity scents and incense, sandalwood.
Effects: Intense cerebral effect and an overall physical euphoria
Characteristics: Plants are very robust and females and males have been known to live 2+ years.
Grow type: Outdoor, Greenhouse, NOT suited for indoor unless very experienced.

Very small, very dark seeds, brown to black. Vigorous sprouting from fresh stock. Robust seedlings, fast grower. plants have wide leaves that narrow over time, very large plates. Stalk is green, often tinged with pink and purple, some are VERY purple. Wide internodes, long spacing between leaves on stems. A towering plant that exceeds 5 metres with optimum conditions. These plants are robust and vigorous, resistant to pests outdoors to a high degree, no mildew issues, and a fantastic cloner, sprouts very rapidly.

Flowers are fluffy, not compact, with two forms noted: a nodular, conical flower with pronounced airiness, and a longer flower, more compact (but still quite airy) and longer in its structure, not as nodular. The nodular one tends to be spicier, more clove/cardamom/chocolate notes, the longer one has floral and incense aromas and flavor. Aromas are quite pronounced and strong. A positive for this strain is its unique flavour components and how overt they are.

Crystal production is profuse, but very tiny caps on the trichomes, REALLY tiny. Effect is said to be quite strong if you smoke a lot of it, with both an intense cerebral effect and an overall physical euphoria that is relaxing and calming at the same time.

12 Likes

Contact Irrazinig of Indian Landrace Exchange. He travels trough that region and can offer detailed firsthand info of those cultivars in their native regions.

11 Likes

Thank you good sir.

2 Likes

Happy to help. I think he may be abroad right now, possibly near Zanjeer-e-Zabul. He is pretty good at responding to Instagram DM’s.

2 Likes

Hi…
Well I didn’t know a lot of it but its a good herb
A friend of mine got it from the south part of the state. It not comes from any seed company or related to other comercial strain

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing regardless, and please keep us all up to date with them darlings progression! :hugs:

1 Like