Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

I tried two samples, the first of which two weeks ago gave me a bit of a rush and the second one this morning from a different plant did not do much of anything. Both samples microwaved. Stigmas are nearly non-existent in these as well on the above pictured phenotype making them even stranger.

as far as structure goes I’m really liking it with most plants having this shape. Very similar to Cannabiogen Durban in structure and smell but buds look very different. Hoping this one goes more than 12 weeks. The second picture above shows those weird open-ended but empty calyx’s. The buds have looked like this from the start, with some of them appearing to ripen almost immediately and the plant never vigorously sending out new stigmas, but the buds get bigger day after day so obviously there are new flowers coming on that are difficult to spot
Perhaps this is a carnivorous Durban LOL. Calyxes look like miniature pitcher plants.

21 Likes

Oh yeah, look at that! Very strange but cool

1 Like

You said you think it’s a wild landrace? It looks as if it’s gonna shoot the seeds out…seems like a probable mutation to combat mold and rot.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

I think you are right about seed ejection and mold resistance. To me these plants look like a Nepalese strain i have seen that has similar looking flowers and knowing the Nepalese is semi feral I’m thinking this one might be as well.

5 Likes

I often wonder how much more or less of a roll the types of microbes play a roll in the sway of the epigenetics and the angle of the sun and I wonder if it does could we with intent sway them the epigenetics to effect chemo and phenotypical expression idk I’m gonna test it I’m at 37degrees N at about 1200 ft ASL I’m gonna play with the kalamata red, mazar i shariff, Lebanese, khoreson Iran, and the chitral from RSC

8 Likes

Living vinager works for all kinds of stuff including powdery mildew another is the lactobacillus it’s a probiotic that Otta start down a rabbit whole happy trails

4 Likes

Looks sharp!

1 Like

Is that from C.B.?

1 Like

No this one isn’t. I think the one you’re talking about is Cannabiogen Durban. I’ve grown that one I think and this one seems different. The buds look impressive in a photo but they are miniature sized in person, though still nice looking.Take a normal bud and then shrink it down to about 25% size, calyxes, resin glands and all. Even the leaves are small for Durban. It still somehow has a 90s Hydro look to it, in some ways at least, yet I think this one could be feral. Seed bracts definitely shatter and release the seed eaaily. Heck, they are pre shattered.

5 Likes

No, not cannabiogen. CB are the initials of a guy in s. Africa who got seeds from some elders in the area. I have some but theyre in florida atm

3 Likes

Definitely not the same then. Sounds like you could have something special on your hands. Hope you’ll get to them soon.

3 Likes

Pencil stick durban

34 Likes

Love those foxtails. Beautiful plant

6 Likes

Looks like some haze in the mix. Very nice looking.

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: Moroccan hash variety. Not particularly strong but a nice buzz. This one has more cbd than the others I think.

5 Likes

That’s one sexy plant! :seedling:

3 Likes

Moroccan

28 Likes

Sudan,
East Manipur
East Manipur
(Red )Assam
(Red )Assam

33 Likes

Moroccan ( beldia)