Landraces and heirloom

That’s really cool to see. Staying tuned!

2 Likes

Here some Vietblack (some Snowhigh , some LowGen.)

Hoabac x Vietblack , a dream

Hoabac

23 Likes

The Hoabac x Vietnamblack, wonderful bright glitter on it. Some glue from the Hoabac side, and that rainbow gloss is visible (hard to make out on pics) . I mean i dont grow at Equator, still they bring a certain gloss, a certain dreamy Vibe into my Live.

The Hoabac, expresses bit different this Time, redish, blueish hue, marron brown. No Rainbowgloss yet/this this Time. Wonderfull

The Vietblack, some of the LowGen exemplars have a Grape-Citron smell i didnt smell before. Grew very fast… I was a bit confused, one exemplare where i made Closeup-photo, i cant see any Hairs, but i guess they Hairs are purple?? Anyway i already stopped pollination, since if i am too late with it, they anyway would have a hard Time, hope some Seeds build
All Seedrunn.

That moment i would actually chop Hoabac, Hoa x Viet , even the fastest Vietblack-Pheno on one Pic, if i grew Bud. I actaully have no Plan or idea how to finish them here. Just so you can see how such Strains expresses in moderate Climate. Seeds are dooable, Bud has to be taken from now, till 1st November, after that no new Resin building…
This is just Seedrun. Still they give me a nice Vibe when beeing around them, again, Hoa x Viet is insane

16 Likes

does anyone know what the germ rates are like on the current real seed co lebanese landrace, being sold now?

I just did another round of preservation breeding of their original lebanese, which had this description when I bought it.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130709005439/http://www.therealseedcompany.com/products.php?product_id=12
The germ rate was low on that stock. but the germ rate on my preservations has been good.

Now they are selling an in-house preservation, here is the current description.

I’m trying to decide if I should donate seeds from my 2020 outdoor lebanese preservation to the seed run co-op.

If the germ rates on the new lebanese stock from real seed co are good, I don’t think I will distribute my preservation seeds.

But if the germ rates are sill low on real seed co’s new lebanese stock, I think I should donate my preservation so that people can have viable stock to grow it easily and successfully and preserve the genetics.

14 Likes

Pulled the Triple Durban F2 plant and a big poison Maui x Dirty Margarita (dirty Girl x Strawberry Hawaiian) seed bearer and the second Durban pollinated with Blue Mountain x Lambs Breath x Columbian Gold.

25 Likes

Here is one of my outdoor lebanese. I really like the looks of this little purple tipped pheno. The plants are very diverse.

And here is a much taller pheno with looser buds on the drying rack.
It has strong landrace characteristics, you can see this one was starting to drop its ripe seeds.

These were grown outdoor organic with very little special care or attention. Just watered, sprayed with neem 3 times in veg, and bacillus thuringiensis once in preflower.

23 Likes

Durban #2 is going to be a interesting mash-up!

2 Likes

I just finished up some red lebenese auto flowers and they look very much like yours, had a few that were really chunky and a few that had more spear type colas with looser formation. They all smelled the same and smoke the same like old-school Mexican weed. I crossed a royal purple kush auto to them to see if I can add some more flavor and density. I’m really liking the red leb as a base though and the high is motivating.

10 Likes

So confused lol

Holy shit man that looks amazing, how does she smoke and how is the high? Also the Venezuelan variety?

1 Like

here the alleged: Cambodian99 x Vietblack

19 Likes

The Cambodian99 x Vietblack

has a deep UUMPH. I feel the high every Time im working on it. Its more obvious than in the Hoabac. Not saying Hoabac is bader, just saying its very obvious onsetting. That Cambodian has a easy to feel Presence, goes right into your Heart, basically Said. The Vietb brings some thin-nes into it, its pretty good, looks slightly authentic 70s SEAsian , no?

Wonderfull Gloss in the Resin, wich you might not see in the Downnyized? Pic. If i zoom in further, one can see the Trippy Dreamy colorfull Shine in the Resins Gloss

8 Likes

absolutely beautiful plant brother.

4 Likes

wohoo, wohoo, yes merci Puddha

2 Likes

Hello, I’m from Brazil and recently arrived at OG. I share the same ideals. I’ve been saving food seeds for about 10 years, and now cannabis too. I think they are going to do with cannabis what they have already done with food …
The initiative you propose here is the only way to keep genetics in the hands of the true owners, all of humanity. We must strive to continue the legacy of our ancestors and continue planting, choosing, harvesting, planting …
I cultivated in the past, when the Paraguayan herb was not yet hybrid, very stimulating, but without awareness of its importance. Now I have an Overgrow Portugal and Brazil 🇵🇹
, with seeds from traditional production regions, to find Sativas without contamination.
I would like to thank you for the opportunity to get in touch with this information, and I hope to someday earn your trust

I keep reading, learning and practicing to pass it on to someone, I’m sorry for the Google translation.
Congratulations to all of you.

23 Likes

Hi @Gugumelo, that search for pure sativas in the north of Brazil looks like an interesting one. The thread you mention is for interaction between people speaking Portuguese. you can share your guerrilla grow with the rest starting a thread in the Outdoor growing category, that way all the people would be able to enjoy your plantations Pirata|nullxnull . Your English with the google Translator is better than mine without … beer3|nullxnull

11 Likes

Thanks @ George1961, I’m a novice and I’m learning, I have this limitation with English, but I believe I will learn here too.
I created a diary for 2020 at: Agroecological guerrilla, in search of the True Brazilian Sativa.
Forgive the interruption …
Gratitude…

10 Likes

@romanoweed… That’s gorgeous! Nice resin. @Gugumelo…welcome to Overgrow. @elfman is living in Brazil. He would be very interested in any tips you might have for growing down there.

7 Likes

welcome Gugumelo.

3 Likes

Catching up on this topic. Small correction… Franco go sick while doing volunteer work in Africa. He was not on a Cannabis Hunters expedition.

Arjan gave away a lot of seeds in Africa because he saw that cannabis farmers were very poor and he concluded that better yields would greatly improve their lives. As the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

8 Likes