Landscape photos. Show your beautiful bits!

11 Likes

Spring in Extremadura. I saw this field as we were driving through southwest Spain on our way to Portugal. I stopped the car in the middle of the road and took one quick photo. The cork trees and the fields were in bloom before the onset of the summer heat.

21 Likes

Villa de Leyva.

Colonial Colombia…Simon Bolivar country…

The place where the Colombian Constitution was formed.

Beautiful place.

Time seems to have stopped in Villa de Leyva , a municipality of Boyacá that retains traces of its colonial past in its architecture. Without a doubt, this town is one of the most beautiful in Colombia, and is famed for its historic importance and magnificent square, which was recognized as a National Monument in 1954.

17 Likes

I love that architecture. Nice photos.

4 Likes

More Colombia

Graffiti in Bogota

13 Likes

Ventura Pier - Six to ten foot waves

18 Likes

Heady, buddy :v:t2:

1 Like

Turkey is such a beautiful country. I spent 3 years living near Adana, close to the Mediterranean Sea. I explored the southern area, but sadly never made it to Istanbul.

2 Likes

We loved Turkey & we found the people we bounced off of friendlier than any other country we have visited. We spent almost 3 weeks self-traveling –with 3-4 nights in Istanbul, Selchuk (Ephesus), Cappadocia, & Cirali.

Speaking of Cirali . . . it is a laidback beach area surrounded by mountains with cabins & camping. The legendary fires of Chimera are up one mountain and there are Roman ruins in the cleft at the end of the beach. A very, very relaxing place - although Google Earth shows a lot of development since we were there. I love the light in this picture taken in the very late afternoon.

17 Likes

More Colombia

Cartagena and Castillo San Philippe

This Castillo is the same as the Castillo San Lorenzo in Portobello Colon province of Panama

Both built by the Spanish to protect there Gold.

Old Henry Morgan sacked both of them and stole there gold …known as a pirate in Central America, but revered by the English crown. Sir Henry Morgan.

EDIT…the last foto …at the bottom of the steps near the entrance to the Castillo,
Guys sell sombereros and other souvenirs, if you want some weed…not a problem …they have that as well.

12 Likes

Lassen volcanic national Park California

20 Likes

That is a top foto

The Silhouette of the volcano and the clouds is incredible.

I’m sure the camera wasn’t a mobile phone. Lol

Ye top notch.

4 Likes

And THAT is the secret to a stunning photo. A real camera.

Despite the old adage . . . . “the best camera is the one that’s with you” (Chase Jarvis)

6 Likes

Welcome to the 21st century. My sister took that image on her iPhone and sent it to me in a text message that I reposted here. It’s from her camping spot last night.

6 Likes

Impressive.

1 Like

Can I ask …is the Volcano active or dormant.

I’m interested in Volcanoes …as I live on the slopes of one in Panama

10 Likes

She mentioned 1915 was its last activity so I think that’s fairly active.
That’s a beautiful picture of Panama there and the volcano

4 Likes

Morning surf check.
400# + Bull Sea Lion lounging on a low tide beach, solo fisherman in the water, The Rudder Room on the other side (too many hangovers - I’ll stay on this side! :wink: ).

Alaskan Malamute - “Pleeeeeeease can we go down there?”

15 Likes

15 Likes

This is very interesting…I hope I don’t bore you.

But I love fossils and prehistoric forests.

5 Likes