Landscape photos. Show your beautiful bits!

This photo is the view from the ruins of Segesta in Sicily looking northeast. Palermo is about an hour away past that headland in the haze. Somehow, this photo has never seemed real to me – it looks Photoshopped - but it has only been lightly edited. That highway snaking across the valley just looks so unnatural, but also cool in its own way.

16 Likes

Looks wonderful :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Mount Sagamook in Mount Carleton Provincial Park. New Brunswick, Canada.

14 Likes

Ketchikan, AK

13 Likes

Cool lift way better than 250 stairs to climb hauling groceries in .

5 Likes

last night’s pics 05/26.

9 Likes

This used to be a couple of hours from my house.

4 Likes

Gorgeous area of the country. Would love to live out the way one day.

The Rogue River near Prospect Oregon and Crater lake. It is a volcanic rock and the river disappears into a lava tunnel.

19 Likes

Scanned from a 20 year old photo (hence the quality) . . . the Amalfi Coast, Italy. The town of Amalfi is at the extreme right with Ravello perched above.

13 Likes

Quality of the photo may not be the best, but I can promise you the quality of Amalfi was much better when you took this :v:t2:

3 Likes

That’s true. It was an incredibly lovely place. And it was really fun to drive there . . . once you got over your fear of dying . . . :hushed:

3 Likes

11 Likes

Is there anywhere you haven’t been lol, I am suspecting not, you must have worn out your passports before their time was up.

3 Likes

PANAMA CITY

12 Likes

Lol. No, there are many, many places we haven’t been. I decided years ago that I didn’t want to leave travel until I was retired because I didn’t want to see the world from a tour bus. I wanted to see it, taste it & drive it myself. Now that I am retired, we are slowing down – although we were booked for 3 weeks in India last November that I had to cancel because of Covid.

Here’s a shot of the Douro River in Portugal. I (foolishly) decided that we should follow the river road. It winds up & down & you actually can’t see that many of the spectacular views from a car.

9 Likes

Since I was burned out on hotels & restaurants due to excessive business travel, we stayed in AirBnB’s & self -catered in Portugal. A great destination. I will watch for India . . . :grinning:

3 Likes

If you want a truly different experience, go camping in Kruger Park, SA. We never repeat destinations as a rule, but we went 3 times to Kruger. It is exceedingly painful to get there (because it is so far) but once you drive in through the gate & you have to stop for your first elephant blocking the road you realize how magical it really is.

5 Likes

It’s probably one of my favorite places in Colombia…the Plaza square is totally amazing…and there is a couple of wee bars there.sit people watching and meeting the locals who were real nice.
Up the road is Tunga and the site of the famous last stand of the Irish brigade of Simon Bolivar.

The weeds ok as well.

4 Likes

Thanks for the pictures - I was in trim jail yesterday with a sweet tooth auto. We are still planning to go in a year or two. We had Kolkata, Varanasi, Jodphur, something in the Aravalli hills and Udaipur on our list. Concentrating on the middle with 3-4 nights in every stop. Oh well, someday . . .

1 Like