Landscape photos. Show your beautiful bits!

Today trip to Pokhaist Village BC

8 Likes

Thats awesome! Is there more than the 2 buildings pictured there?

1 Like

Just one church, several other buildings I didnt post. Its and abandoned native village.

2 Likes

Sweet, do you know how long its been abandoned

1 Like

Probsbly info on google but guessing very long time like 50+years

2 Likes

Great pics again :+1:

From some other travels

6 Likes

6 Likes

Your second pic down, what produced that trackway :thinking: I can see boot prints up to the area trodden down then an inline trackway going off into the distance. Humans don’t walk one foot in front of the other, they go with a side to side gate, sasquatch do walk in an inline gate though.

1 Like

seriously?? …looks like in desert :wink:

1 Like

:confused: those are my tracks. I turned around and took a picture of my tracks as I walked through the desert. With the sand as loose as it was, I had difficulty with my walking cadence and gait.

2 Likes

My little phone is not good at looking at pics now I am on my computer I can see it clearly lol.

I can see that now where your foot has slid down the slope and pushed up the sand. I thought you nmight might have got a bigfoot track way on camera lol.

The sunset looks amazing.

1 Like

@Eudaemon, is that White Sands National Monument?

1 Like

Nice pics all. Heres a cpl of my better ones

9 Likes

Few more from the archives

9 Likes

Port Charlotte island of Islay Scotland…there is a beautiful malt whisky named after this lovely little place.

9 Likes

It is! It is my favorite place in the world, and I’ve been to many places in the world!

1 Like

Port Charlotte

Five distillery’s on that island…and they make some of Scotland’s finest whiskeys.

The distillery’s are worth visiting…nearly everyone on the island is a alcoholic LOL
Ip

Port Charlotte.jpg
Looking south towards Port Charlotte

Port Charlotte is located in Argyll and Bute

Port Charlotte

Port Charlotte

Location within Argyll and Bute

Population350 (1991)OS grid referenceNR252581Civil parish

Council area

Lieutenancy area

CountryScotlandSovereign stateUnited KingdomPost townISLE OF ISLAYPostcode districtPA48Dialling code01496PoliceScotlandFireScottishAmbulanceScottishUK Parliament

Scottish Parliament

List of places

UK

Scotland

55.739°N 6.378°W

Port Charlotte was named after Lady Charlotte Campbell Bury, the mother of its founder, William Frederick Campbell, and it was set up mainly to provide housing facilities for the Lochindaal Distillery work force. Parts of the former distillery buildings are now in use as Youth Hostel and Wildlife Centre. Others are currently used by a garage nearby. The remaining warehouses are currently owned and used by Bruichladdich distillery to mature their Port Charlotte heavily peated spirit, named in tribute to the village and original distillery.

The village is located on the shores of Loch Indaal and is very picturesque with its white painted houses. It is home to the Museum of Islay Life which is located in a former Church building.

5 Likes

20201101_142856|666x500

10 Likes

11 Likes