Lavender Daydream - Sunshine Daydream x Lemon Larry Lavender from Big Buddy

What a line up brother! I’ve got some Sour D x vegging now also.

Apparently the Chem is not any verified Chem also. It’s a mystery NY bag seed that B1g Wyrm found. Doesn’t stop her being a stellar plant (strayfox used it in a couple crosses) but just for your info as I was looking for some confirmation also.
I’m currently running one now and she’s beautiful so far!

4 Likes

Really it was a combination. Around 8 showed color early on, she was the second darkest. Bit she was the plant with the tightest overall noding, least apical dominance, and all around easier plant to grow and accepts a very wide range of imputs

1 Like

The big wyrm ch3m is actually an early cross of the original with what is to be assumed to be mass super Skunk. The 91 skva is the original Chem cut

1 Like

Out of those I have tried the wedding cake cross, wasn’t a super huge fan of the one pheno I had but big buddy said she was a longer running higher yielding freak that was less potent and tastey compared to most other phenos.

1 Like

Oh interesting man! Do you have any source I could check out for this? I’ve been looking for all info possible but the below seems to be the recurring story.

I was given the story by big buddy himself who received both skva and big wyrm in person back in the late 90s.
I’m pretty sure the lll are crossed to the big wyrm

1 Like

It was written as B1gwyrm 91 Chem on my pack, but I have been told this also wasn’t the original name.

2 Likes

Yeah the skva is much less talked about as he isn’t allowed to give it out to anybody unfortunately

Looks like we were given different stories. Haha. ! Maybe yours in just more complete than mine I think. image|690x230

Im just basing my info off Big Buddy’s message above and the below thread. Always happy to have more info though!

2 Likes

Quick update. Day 38.

Light green, thin leaf pheno. Have sorted out the stress a bit but very keen to continue dialing her in next run.

She has more of a new tennis ball stem rub, where as the wider darker leaf phenos have a lovely spicey, incense, dusty antique shop, kind of smell.

Cannot wait to compare the smoke test on them. Fun stuff.

3 Likes

Update. Day 54.
Home stretch! Everyone getting nice and chunky.
#1 is the standout for resin production at the moment. Darker, wider leaves. Hardest to clone. Resilient in flower. More earthy, piney, kushy, with slight lemon/berry/sweetness on the back end.
#7 has the strongest funky lemon smell up front. Good resin production but much less than #1. Light green thinner leaves, sensitive during flower.

11 Likes

Those flowers look nice, love the color!

1 Like

Looking very nice.

1 Like

Live the lavender daydreams. One of my favorite LLL crosses.

2 Likes

How did these turn out smoke wise?

1 Like

Hey mate,
Most phenos required 10 weeks min, and unfortunately I had to head overseas 1 week later, so they are now in the remotely controlled curing chamber, waiting for a proper test when I get back.

From initial tests though, I’m a big fan.

For context, I’m a heavy smoker with diagnosed ADHD. Only mentioning as I’ve definitely found my brain chemistry to react quite differently to most strains compared to my friends. Often when they are couch locked, I’m at a nice level of functional calm that enables me to be far more focused and able to complete monotonous and detailed tasks. This calmness, focus and where possible, pain relief for a bad back, are my main goals with effects.

Immediately after a big cone of pheno 13 (balanced pheno, not particularly standout), I got a nice strong hit right behind the eyes that almost made them water. It was followed up by a beautiful calmness and soothing body, with really happy and bright upside. The combo of OG and SSDD was really nice in my opinion. Super functional but really calming and medicinal. I had a big smile on my face from start to finish.

Being overseas has allowed me a nice tolerance break, so I will be testing 1 pheno a day when I get back and will update this thread with results. From all initial tests though, I’m a big fan!

2 phenos stood out during the first grow and I will be giving both of them another run, as both could have been grown better.

6 Likes

Hey mate. Response above. Forgot to hit “reply” ha.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of these type of effects. I can’t wait to see the reports. Have a safe trip :green_heart:

4 Likes

Ok, so I’ve now had a chance to settle back in and give the phenos a really good test.

So I would definitely stand by my original review above. I did find the #7 pheno to be the absolute standout for me as far as effect goes. It has the most relaxing and medicinal body hit for me and is the least “racey” of the bunch by far. I’ve wanted to keep smoking her over everything else when I’m really looking for a punch. She has a beautiful funky lemon and berry smell to the jar that has held on well through dry and cure.
#7 wasn’t the most frosty, but was definitely the stinkiest, lightest green, and most sensitive during flower. I’ll be keeping her around for another run at least.

All phenos were quite nice and a pleasure to grow. Stable, hardy, good yield, nice smoke.

4 Likes