Lavender. Let’s talk about it

hey @Heritagefarms the pack has 12 seeds in it

@NorthNorthNugs lets definitely connect man, collaboration/pollen swap would be awesome!

9 Likes

What an interesting read! I never knew legit Lavender was an “endangered species”. There’s too many great strains slipping away.

6 Likes

We’re lucky to have this community to be able to try to preserve things and keep the really special stuff In the hands of the people!

7 Likes

What a riveting read! Sitting at home today, and really went through the thread. Damn, I feel like Lavender may be the white whale for me. Really hoping that these appear on here at some point, as I would love to get my grubby little hands on some.

4 Likes

I’ve got a pack of Soma Lavender that I plan to use for a seed run in the spring

14 Likes

Yes, we have plenty of growers, but not enough breeders. Not enough preservationists. We will continue to lose strains until the community starts pushing the idea of proper seed storage, and that having a few seeds in the bud will not destroy its quality.

10 Likes

@sprinklememaynee stay tuned my friend I think we’re gonna see more of these become available in the future. My boy @NorthNorthNugs and I are likely to cook something up even if no one else follows suit.

@firehead blessings on your efforts my friend

@Motaco well said for sure, it’s a tough thing to step to seeding a whole tent and the subsequent cleanup but it’s a worthwhile endeavor that we should all consider doing at least once to give back to the folks that do it so often and give so willingly to the rest of us. Wish we all had big ass commercial facilities to be able to get to everything that we want to

8 Likes

Very exciting! will keep my eyes peeled. Let me know if I can help in any way, im fascinated by Lavender now after reading this thread.

2 Likes

You should check out the lavender collective grow show thread on here , there are pictures of the original lavender plants I grew and some of there offspring :+1::grin:

14 Likes

Oh it’s goin down! Went on Attitude to see if Somas Lavender is in stock… nope.

I’ll hit you up with my tent schedule tmrw at some point and we’ll make a timeline!

:fist_right: :boom: :fist_left:

8 Likes

I like where this is going!!! Please tag me when it kicks off!

6 Likes

Will do! Excited to check it out.

6 Likes

I’ll for sure link whatever log I put together here when the time comes

5 Likes

I apologize for the tangential non-thread-related posts, but I agree that people got left behind: The path to decriminalization/Legalization has not been kind to anyone who wasn’t already playing the game when things changed and is fervently closing opportunities for anyone who does not have deep pockets funding their ventures. At CCG we were supposedly paying all the necessary taxes and worked directly with the City back then… 2002-5. The Mayor, Fire chief and inspectors, and Police Chief all came through our facilities inspecting to make sure we were up to code. We had our grow room on the second floor with the doctors offices while the main dispensary was on the third floor. My IG page has pics of those old Telegraph St. facilities. It was the Yellow house in Hollywood that, when it got raided, piqued the interest of the Feds and eventually led to the company getting raided.

3 Likes

Yeah it realy sucks when everything is done right and still falls apart. That was during a time when the same city and county officials who signed the permits were often the ones calling the feds. CCG was by far always my favorite location, they had the best quality cuts and the people behind the counter were genuine not some hipster jerks who know nothing about what they are selling. Most of the clubs now a days are a sad experience compared to the past. Rude people , crappy loud music, low quality products in fancy packaging. I’m glad I saw the early days of the medical scene and can grow my own and avoid the current hype.

8 Likes

Can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with Fron that preservation run. Lavenders one of my favorites to try an find for it’s good medicinal qualities for sone loved ones. I can’t wait to follow y’all’s grow whenever you start!!

4 Likes

What are the best crosses for lavender that we know about?

1 Like

That’s a good question, I know that Maddfarmer worked some crosses with it, although the names escape me, maybe his Purple Jackie? And j know that bodhi has a Lavender Jack that I think used the lavender cut to make, curious if folks know about others though

1 Like

I know G13 had White Lavender, White Widow x Lavender.

Lavender Jack is a Jack x Wookie, and Wookie is Lavender x Appalachia… It’s in there somewhere, but not sure how easy it would be to pull traits from

1 Like